Sticky Chinese Chicken Traybake

Sticky Chinese Chicken Traybake

Going to enjoy this tonight:

It makes 4 servings (4 chicken thighs). Double up if you are feeling greedy!

4 x Chicken Thighs, Meat & Skin - 500g

Sauce, Hoisin - 25g

Toasted Sesame Oil - 1 Tsp/5g

Honey, Clear, Rowse - 1 Tbsp/20g

Five Spice Powder - 1 Tsp/2g

Ginger Puree - 5g (you can use grated fresh ginger)

Garlic - 1 Clove/3g

Spring Onions, trimmed, half a bunch - 40g

Cashew Nuts, Plain - 25g

Method

Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.

Arrange the chicken thighs in a large roasting tin and slash the skin 2-3 times on each thigh. Mix together the hoisin, sesame oil, honey, five-spice, ginger, garlic and some seasoning.

Pour over the chicken and toss to coat - you could now marinate the chicken for 2 hrs, or overnight if you have time. Roast, skin-side up, for 35 mins, basting at least once.

Stir through the cashew nuts and sprinkle the spring onions over the chicken. Return to the oven for 5 mins, then serve with brown rice.

Nutrition Information

Nutrition Data Per Serving

Calories (kcal) 364.9

Carbohydrate (g) 7.8

Fat (g) 26.6

Fibre (g) 0.6

Protein (g) 23.5

Hubbie will have rice with his. I'm having roasted butternut squash. It's quite calorific, but I'll only had two meals today - lunch was a sliced beef salad (274 calories).

This is the link to the recipe online, but I always enter the ingredients to check the calories, and BOY was this one out! The recipe says "serves 4" which would be two chicken thighs, but logging ingredients reveals that two thighs would be 728 calories - and the recipe on-line also isn't clear with regards to the rice that it's served with! A serving of rice (50g dry) would add another 176 calories!!!

Always check the calorie content of recipes folk!

Last edited by
Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Weight Loss Plan

Join over 40,000 others on our 12-week diet and exercise plan. Keep motivated to develop healthier eating habits & get more active.

Get Started!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

6 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Oh yum yum, Pineapple, your timing is perfect!! I've just had your delicious chicken curry for lunch and this will be perfect for later in the week!! Thank you very much!! :)

• Pineapple27 this looks and sounds lovely. Can I just check, the nutritional information you have given is for 1 chicken thigh isn't it. Do you think it would work as well with chicken breast, not as succulent I'm, guessing.

Thank you for sharing.

• Yes, one chicken thigh. With bone and skin. I think it would work with a chicken breast, however, I'd ensure that it had the skin on and the cooking time would need to be reduced accordingly.

I am presently including more fats in meals. So thighs (being more flavoursome and succulent as well as cheaper!) work well for me at the moment. Hubbie may eat 2 depending on how he likes them. He's not really a "skin and bones" man when it comes to chicken, so he may need persuading if I am to make this again!

• Thank you Pineapple I shall be trying this out soon:)

• Thanks Pineapple27 looks like one I will be trying. Ceals x

• Lovely dish pineapple. I always use thighs for tray bakes as they retain moisture, but I remove the skin before eating and usually eat three 😀 This will be on my list too. Thanks 🙂

You may also like...