Weight Loss NHS
72,155 members38,766 posts

Surely that's not fair!

I've had a really active weekend, tidying up the garden on Saturday and on my feet all day baking and doing a balletfit class on Sunday. I made an effort to eat healthily and cut down on carbs

(apart from a small piece of the baking offcuts). My muscles are aching nicely this morning so I was hoping for a good result on the scales but I've put on half a pound since Saturday morning! Surely that's not fair!

5 Replies
oldestnewest

It's not fair - you are so right but it will come off next week I'm sure because you are doing the right things.

2 likes

Thank you. I will try to rediscover my determination for the coming week and not give up.

Oh no Lakeswimmer 😕 I can feel your frustration and dismay 😕 But it could be any one of a number of things, most likely extra fluid caused by the exercise and aching muscles. Remember the scales can be tricky, and do not accurately reflect any fat loss or extra muscle mass.

It's a bit of a mantra but if you have stuck to plan you will lose weight, it may just take a while for the scales to show it 😊

Best wishes

Anna

2 likes

Two pounds lighter this morning! Thank you for encouraging me to keep at it! :) :)

2 likes

Yippee 😊 Great stuff

Well done 😊

1 like

You may also like...