Thanks everyone

The other day I posted that I had walked up the side of my field. Thank you all for you positive encouragement.

So yesterday I decided to do a 15min walk with two of my granddaughters to the local school where my other granddaughter was in a talent show. This meant walking back. Hey no problem. I felt great.

I woke this morning aching and wondering what was going on. I remembered, all self inflicted. However instead of nursing my aches I went up the field and walked up that pesky Hill again this time I managed it in one go. (Check me out). Tomorrow I intend to try walking up it twice. I must say that I am spurred on by my lovely daughter and your wonderful coments in my quest to tame the hill.

On a different note, could someone tell me how I sign up to a weight in group ☺

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Weight Loss Plan

Join over 40,000 others on our 12-week diet and exercise plan. Keep motivated to develop healthier eating habits & get more active.

Get Started!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

10 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Hi dragonrose

You are doing brilliant with your walking, there's no stopping you now! Well done and keep up the good work. It you start to ache more give yourself a rest day as they are important too.

You can join in today's weigh in if you want just go to Events and click on the weigh in there and it will open. Then just state your weight and any loss/gain or maintain over the week.

Rose

• Thank you. I am just about to go to the site. Thanks for your encouragement.

• That's fantastic well done, you will be walking marathons in no time πŸ†πŸ† xx

• Hey Dragon,don't over do it too soon,so as you stretch those leg muscles, they get stronger, less is more to start with,and after 12 weeks,of gradually upping your game so to speak,you will get better longer lasting results,it's great confidence building,as your progress is real for you πŸ˜ŠπŸ“πŸ“πŸ“

• Hadn't thought of it like that thanks.

• Great news dragonrose abd I'm so glad the support you received helped you 😊

Go you!!

• You absolute star dragonrose I knew you would manage it in one go soon, but didn't expect it to be quite so soon.

I would never want to put anyone off taking exercise, but just don't do too much too fast and either accidentally injure yourself. Only a suggestion, but I would stick to climbing your hill once a day, for a few days - you can always vary the speed you walk up it if you really want more of a challenge. When it becomes just a little easier, perhaps after a week or so, then go for twice. You could do some steady flat walking too - 15 minutes twice in one day is amazing - but 15 minutes once a day, every day for a week would be a huge achievement too.

Looking forward to the next uphill report. :)

• Thanks

• Hi dragonrose did you manage to find the weight loss page? I know it is not always that easy for many. Although if you didn't I can inform you but I believe today you are not able to log in as we have heard it is full. Every other day is meant to be ok though I think. I do hope u did find it.

• Just going to have a look thanks

You may also like...