Weight Loss Help!

Hello everyone!

I cam on here more than a year ago now, following the NHS weight loss plan. I did so and managed to lose more than three stone and was at a perfect weight. However with life and mental attitudes getting in the way, my calorie counting become obsessive and the exercise I was doing was just cardio, all the time and all I could think about was my weight. After a change in circumstance, I have put about a stone to a stone and a half back on and am really struggling to lose it again. I don't think counting calories is the healthy choice for me and I do eat fairly healthy anyway. I exercise most days (cardio and weights) but after a few days the little motivation I had disappears and I just want to sit and eat cereal and toast. I would love to get back to the weight I was a few months ago, so I can fit into all my lovely new clothes and enjoy life again properly. What I'm asking is if anyone has any ideas re motivation/help to stop my weight and food getting in the way of my happiness? I have looked into a few of the healthier diet programs to see whether following them just for a week to lose the main bulk would help me see the light and keep going to the end result? Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Hannah

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Weight Loss Plan

Join over 40,000 others on our 12-week diet and exercise plan. Keep motivated to develop healthier eating habits & get more active.

Get Started!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Welcome back han_ingham 😊

Maintaining a weight loss is often the most difficult, so I can sympathise. I have a long history of yoyo dieting too. This time I am eating proper food, and purposely not depriving myself in the hopes of keeping it off. 😊

With regards to suggestions for yourself, it depends what suits you and your way of life. I follow a portion counted plan rather than individual calories but I do keep a food diary that I absolutely need to do or I gain weight. 😕

I'm sure others will have other suggestions.

Have faith in yourself, you've lost weight before and will do again. It's all about mindset. 😊

Have a good look around as a few things have changed, but please ask if you have any questions 😊

Best wishes

Anna

• Thank so much. This place is such a lovely community!

• Hi Hannah,now you've rejoined, you can continue to try and find out why you have low motivation as you say you feel/think you have low motivation.You are not alone with this problem, I have suffered too,and it's complex, but overtime,sharing your thoughts will help you🍓,☕ G

• Hi Hannah

Just finished the 12 week plan and understand what you say. I have taken up cycling and exercise

for 15 mins a day. With cycling you can change the route every time .No gym fee and you can stop and have a chat with Friends or anyone. I started 5 miles a day, Doing 100miles a week.

But still have little treats and do a few extra miles the next day. Only Ride 5 days and have 2 Rest Day.

Kind Regards Phil62

You may also like...