That's heavy!

A few days ago I put some books in a bag to try and physically experience the amount of weight I've lost - mostly because I don't yet feel very different. I've lost 21lbs so far.

The bag of books is so heavy that I can only just about pick it up and I certainly wouldn't want to carry it about all day. I realise that it must have been a bit easier when the weight was evenly distributed over my body rather than in a bag but still ....!

So now when I'm feeling a bit down-hearted that the weight isn't coming off quicker I just go an lift that bag and realise how far I've come, even though there is a long way to go yet.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Weight Loss Plan

Join over 40,000 others on our 12-week diet and exercise plan. Keep motivated to develop healthier eating habits & get more active.

Get Started!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

14 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi Grannynise

What a brilliant way to see how much weight you have lost so far. Please don't feel down hearted when you have done such a fantastic job losing 21lbs, well done you.

Rose

• Thank you

• Ooh I do this too, but with dumbbells! After I found I'd hit the 10kg milestone, I found the 10kg weight and realised that's actually pretty hefty! Well done on the 21lbs, that's amazing progress :)

• Thank you - you too!

• What a fantastic achievement and a brilliant way of rlife minding yourself of it! Well done indeed! 👍

• What a good idea! Great work on the loss. Keep reminding yourself how far you have come and I'm sure that bag will just keep getting heavier...

• That's a great idea ☺ 21lbs is a lot of weight! ☺

• your doing so well Grannynise losing 21lbs.. what a great way to keep you motivated to see how far youve come x

• Well done, that's a lot to lose and all of your body will be thanking you. 🏆

• Well done keep the good work up

• This is an amazing way of putting weight loss into context when your feeling down. Well done on losing 21lbs :D great achievement!!

• What a great idea! 😊

• That's a brilliant thing to do

• This is a fantastic idea!

You may also like...