Embarking on the 12 week plan!

So after about 12 years following slimming world, I have decided to leave all of that thinking behind and do something different. Something has to change as I am the heaviest I have ever been, barring when I was pregnant with my twins!

So with 8 stone 10lbs to lose, I will be sticking to 1900 calories a day for now and I will be getting out everyday for a 30 minute walk. I have an exercise bike for when the weather is too bad so no excuses there!

Already I feel liberated and I am finding I can have more of what I want, if that makes sense. I am also finding the calorie counting a really good focus for me.

All the best to everyone, wherever you are on your journey! X

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Weight Loss Plan

Join over 40,000 others on our 12-week diet and exercise plan. Keep motivated to develop healthier eating habits & get more active.

Get Started!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

9 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi and welcome, RockLobster :)

Take a look at the Pinned posts section to the right of your screen (bottom if you're using a mobile), read the Welcome Newbie thread, then move through to the challenges, where we hope you'll find at least one that will appeal to you.

Move down to the Topics, to find a variety of threads, collated into specific topics for ease of access and we ask that you also 'file' your own threads, so that others won't miss your important news.

A lot of people have been successful with the 12 week plan and I'm sure you will be too. Be sure to enter your details into the BMI calculator, to get a calorie allowance tailored to your personal requirements, you may need more than 1900 calories and going too low, can be counter-productive. Don't forget to take your starting measurements and a 'before' picture, as they can be very motivating on days that the scales refuse to co-operate.

We run daily weigh-in's and you'd be very welcome to join us. The threads can always be found in the Events section, to the right of the home page, bottom on a mobile.

We've found that to get the best out of this community, we need to be active on the forum, as it's where we exchange information, get motivation and inspiration and make friends. We hope that you'll join us here, regularly, too.

It's only left for me to wish you well on your journey :)

• Thank you! I've had a look at some of the pinned posts. There's so much info! Reading around the forum, I think 1900 maybe on the low side so I'll up it and see how I get on.

Thank you for the lovely welcome!

• It's a lot to take in, but if you have any questions, just shout out :)

I'm glad to hear that you're reconsidering your calorie allowance, you'll find it a lot easier to stick to, if you're not hungry :)

• Good luck on your journey Rocklobster, you sound very focused and obviously have a good plan of action. Onwards and downwards.

• Thank you! Yeah, I feel really focused and positive at the moment, more so than ever before so I know I can make this happen! 😀

• Good for you, and good luck :) Focus on small goals not the big picture - that'll come together nicely :)

• Thank you! I think that's really good advice, setting small, interim goals and taking each day as it comes. 👍

• Hello and welcome TheRockLobster 😊 Have a good look around the site, especially the bmi and target allowance as Moreless suggested. Please ask if you have any questions 😊

Best wishes

Anna

• Thank you Anna! There is tons of great information on here and lots of positivity too.

I've calculated my BMR and it comes out at just over 1900 so I think if I keep my calorie allowance at around 2000-2200 and see how that goes. X

You may also like...