Bit fed up this week!

Just got home from the slimming world meeting and only lost half a pound this week. Have'nt been feeling too good though think it's thyroid related so I'm blaming that as I haven't cheated although I do think I could've eat more vegetables which is what they call speed food on this diet.

Oh well see what next week brings. Hope everyone is having a good week πŸ˜„πŸ˜„

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Weight Loss Plan

Join over 40,000 others on our 12-week diet and exercise plan. Keep motivated to develop healthier eating habits & get more active.

Get Started!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

15 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • You will have slow weeks its all normal.

Once you finish with slimming world, what will you do?

• Yes you have to expect slower weight loss at times I suppose. I think slimming world is a healthier way to eat because it encouraging you to eat more fruit and veg which was definitely what I wasn't doing before. So hope to adopt better eating habits if I reach my goal and get at least a stone off.

Thanks for your jimtom hope you're doing ok πŸ˜„πŸ˜„

• As long as you stick to the healthy stuff when you leave the group you will be fine. Some people find it hard to continue once they leave then end up back at square one..

I'm doing great thanks, it is nice that you are too :)

• Are you eating enough Silverlady5, maybe you need to check and see. We all have really slow weeks, at least you lost 1/2lb. I know it can be disappointing, but keep with it, it might show next week on the scales. If you think you have a thyroid problem maybe a chat to your Doctor would help? I'm glad you put smiley faces at the end of your message, keep positive and get better soonπŸ’

• Stick with it Silverlady5 5 ☺ if you've stuck to plan it'll come off ☺ but thyroid issues can make it tough πŸ˜•

Good luck ☺

• Thank you Anna61 I'm feeling a bit dissapointed but at least I haven't gained any weight. As you say thyroid issues are tough as effects your metabolism and do think mine is a bit upset this week.

Hope you're doing ok 😌😌

• Oh dear, I hope this mood passes; it can make things so difficult when we're just not feeling it. At the end of the day those scales are going in the right direction, even if it is real slow. You're doing really well. :)

• Thank you Sazkia for your encouragement I'm feeling more positive today and as you say the scales are going in the right direction.

You are certainly doing great 4 stone is an amazing achievement ! Fantastic!! πŸ˜„ πŸ˜„

• If you know you have eaten well then don't worry, your body will agree with you next week! Keep going.

• I have definately improved the way I'm eating so fingers crossed for a good loss next week.

Thank you for your encouragement it means a lot 😊😊

• I did Slimming World for a few years, lost weight and kept it off (and on and off) 3 times. Not everyone loses weight the same way. I'd lose lots of weight one week; then plateau; then have a small gain; followed by a huge loss. I would be sticking to plan all along too. There are many things that can affect weight loss too e.g. period and water retention to mention a few. My point is, stick at it, try not to get disheartened (easy to say and harder to do I know) and the weight will come off. There are lots of good things about SW, but just focusing on the scales and weighing in every week could be demotivating. Non-scale victories are just as important e.g. losing inches, feeling and looking better, clothes getting baggier etc.

Good luck!

• Thank you SweatyBet for your words of encouragement. I will keep going and hope I can get to where I won't with this weight loss. I agree many things can effect weight loss my main problem is an under active thyroid which has been unsettled this week.

Hope to see a better result next week πŸ˜„πŸ˜„

• Don't knock that half pound - or rather do knock it - right away from you, never to be seen again. Honestly, half a pound is a great loss, and it really will add up in the long run.

Looking forward to seeing you here again next week - and if it's another half pound, be proud of yourself. :)

• Thank you MissisB I am a little less dissapointed today and won't give up!

You have done so well 3 stones is a seriously amazing weight loss you must feel so much better for losing that much weight! Fantastic πŸ˜„ 😊

• I honestly do SilverLady58 It has been well worth the effort. And I have learnt so much and found such amazing people on here. I do think the first few weeks are the biggest challenge, learning new habits and working out how to make the best choices.

You will do it. Steady is great progress.

You may also like...