Hello everyone. So, you think you are mad enough to join the mad march hare exercise challenge?!
This challenge is open to everyone. We will be aiming for 150 minutes of exercise every week throughout March. The challenge will start Wednesday 1st March and close Tuesday 28th March.
Any exercise can be included, walking, running, swimming, biking, yoga, pilates, strength training, workout dvds, inside, outside, gardening, decorating, cleaning, etc. All you need to do is make a note of the minutes you spend each week exercising and post them each Tuesday for the previous week. Please post by 9.00 Wednesday morning latest. I will open a new results post each week to avoid overloading the site.
I will hopefully collate some stats (but bear with me on that!) and attempt a little leader board for those of you who are on the competitive side...
Some tips to get started:
- plan when you are going to exercise, you will be more likely to stick with it - write it in your diary, put a reminder in your phone, set up a chart or spreadsheet maybe (coloured pens positively encouraged!)
- buddy up with someone where you can
- try incorporating easy exercise into your daily routine - could you walk the school run once a week? Could you pop to the shops on your bike instead of in the car? Could you squeeze a quick walk in during your lunch break?
- do something you enjoy - you will never stick with it if you don't find it fun, interesting or motivating
- if you struggle for time could you break it down - 10 minutes in the morning and 10 in the evening.
- check out this link for more ideas of what you can do and how you can get moving:
There are also some great short workouts on YouTube - I found a great beginner, low impact 10 minute workout with BodyFit by Amy
I hope this gives you an incentive to start. We aren't competing against each other, just motivating ourselves to move more.
Good luck for Wednesday and the coming week.