First long bike ride done!

I managed to get around a 13-mile cycle-path circuit of my nearest town today. It was my first 2hr weekend ride on the Sofa to 50k. I have done it many times on my electric bike but this is the first time I have ever ridden around it unpowered, and without pushing up a single hill. Whenever there were people there when I had to go up the hills (I get really self-conscious when that happens, as it's not a pretty sight) I exaggerated my gasps and groans for comic effect. I even got a cheer from one lot. Oh and I managed to eat and drink properly all the way round like it said on the training plan. One calorie calculator said I burned just over 1,000 kcals, while another said 2,000. It was probably a lot anyway. Cream-crackered but very happy. :)

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Weight Loss Plan

Join over 40,000 others on our 12-week diet and exercise plan. Keep motivated to develop healthier eating habits & get more active.

Get Started!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

18 Replies

oldest ā€¢ newest
  • wow, good going

• cheers :)

• Great achievement, mayaena, I'm sure you do feel cream-crackered. I think being out in the fresh air is a great way to exercise both body and mind. well donešŸš“

• Thanks lucigret it is lovely - started cold and 'orrible but then the sun came out. What more could you want? :)

• sounds wonderful, you don't have to go out and pay loads of money to have a good time, the simple pleasures of life are free.

• too right!

• Fantastic, well done!

• thanks jimtom !

• Hi I have been thinking of getting an electric bike. Can I ask you some questions about it on here or can I pm you please? Thanks. x

• Fire away! Let's do it here because it might be helpful to others.

• I think I'm going to do a post on it actually - please feel free to ask further questions though

• Ok great. Will wait until you put your post up as I don't want to hijack this post.. x

• well done you :}

• :)

• Really well done x

• cheers :)

• Great result fellow cyclist. I have something to look forward to... I think :)

Well done for overcoming the self-consciousness.

That seems a big change so even more impressive.

• Cheers :)

You may also like...