What do you think !!!😟

Hi everyone ok I'm now on my 2nd week on counting calories , my first week I lost 2lbs , last week I put 0,6lbs on and I've just weighted myself today and I'm back to my original weight I was 3 weeks ago 😒. My official weigh day is tmw !! Carnt really see it changing much , I don't want to get dishearten I really want this to work , my calories for my bmi or btwn 1534-2034 I've been on 1750 to 1800 do you think I need to go to the lower end off calorie intake this next week and see how I go ???? . I've started dining a little excerise too but only squats and walking 🙂, so what do you all think please ☺

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • You do need to persevere with diets. The body can lose loads of weight/water in first couple of weeks or it can go into shock and hang on it. Stick with it and it will work - I am not an expert on calorie counting as I don't do that, I don't eat high carb food like bread, pasta, rice, pots and it is working for me like that

• Hi Marv50. To give you a one off yard stick I can tell you what's been working for me, after nearly 4 weeks. I'm 1.73m and am sticking to around 1900 calories. I'm not active every day but my work does mean that some days I am physical for most of the day which I'm guessing is why that level of intake is good for me. I know this is quite simplistic as we are all different.

• I'd say stick to what your doing, write everything down, remember your weight can fluctuate daily. I'm allowed similar to you, but because I thought it was too high I've been sticking to 1400. I've lost 51/2lbs in two weeks. Before joining this forum I was having 1,300 and loosing nothing. I may have to up my calories a bit as I dont want to loose weight to quickly as I know it will go back on even quicker. I am going to give myself a couple more weeks to work out what works best. It can take a while for your body to respond. Good luck.

• Make sure that you log absolutely everything on an ap like myfitnesspal.

Watch your portions and don't cheat (not even a tiny bit) as even the tiniest things can whack up the calories.

I think it takes a few weeks to work out your own routines and observe what your body responds best to.

You could try doing a few days at the lower end of your calorie range to see if it has an impact.

Doing more exercise also seemed to help me...

You may also like...