Planned treat

So tomorrow is FINALLY my last exam at University and despite whether it has went well or not I am so relieved. Last week my boyfriend, friend and I decided we would go to a Chinese buffet to celebrate and then have a night out drinking.

I typed 'cheat' but changed it to 'treat', I'm not going to feel guilty for structuring something unhealthy into my week for a celebration! I think I would feel more guilty for undoubtedly falling off the plan at some point but if I am expecting it then I can just look forward to it.

Anyways I am just a little excited because this will be the first remotely unhealthy thing I have eaten since I started over 3 weeks ago. I'm so proud of myself, thinking of how careless I was before makes me so happy to have control now. I would probably eat around 3,000 calories a day and not care! :O

Do you plan in cheat meals/cheat days? How often? I have read that a cheat meal a week can be beneficial for someone with really bad cravings. Woopee to Fridays! :D

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Weight Loss Plan

Join over 40,000 others on our 12-week diet and exercise plan. Keep motivated to develop healthier eating habits & get more active.

Get Started!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

7 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi aliii good luck with your exam. I think if your celebrating you should be able to do it guilt free. I think calling it a treat is much better than saying cheat. Your not cheating as it has been planned. Enjoy it and then get back on the wagon. I will usually allow myself a few extra calories on a Saturday. We normal go out for a longer walk with our dog on the weekend so I find it balances out.

• Good luck in your exams aliii ☺ and enjoy your meal. 3000 calories would affect may weight loss but like you say, you need to plan for treats as that is real life ☺ that said, you could have a very good meal for under 1000 ☺

Best wishes

Anna

• What a great feeling! Last exam - whoooopeeeee!

Enjoy your meal but expect to be a few pounds heavier due to all the salt in Chinese food which will temporarily make you retain water. Then get back on track!

• Luckily my weigh in is today, so hopefully this won't show up by next Friday but we'll see :)

• Good luck with your exam aliii you deserve a treat so just enjoy yourself, you sound like you've got life sorted so well done. 👏👏 let us know how you get on. X

• Thank you very much! :) x

• Hope you get great results in your exams. I'm pretty sure that i you confine blowouts only to those occasions when you have finished a set of major exams, it won't make you put weight on. It's what we do day in and day out that makes the difference.

You may also like...