weird changes that make a difference

Hi everyone,

This might be an odd idea for a post but I thought we could share changes we've made that be making a small but helpful difference to our weight loss journey.

I'll go first so:

Instead of putting a spread on toasted bread when I absolutely must have some, I rub a clove of garlic on it. It gives the bread a lovely flavour and it stops me from consuming extra fats/sugars. I started that a few months ago and credit my increase in garlic for my good health this winter.

Anyone have any other funny little tips?

Last edited by
Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Weight Loss Plan

Join over 40,000 others on our 12-week diet and exercise plan. Keep motivated to develop healthier eating habits & get more active.

Get Started!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

19 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Wouldn't call it particularly 'funny' but when making my sandwich for work now I only spread butter (a lot more thinly than I used to) on one of the two slices of bread. I'm actually beginning to wonder if I can cut butter out altogether.

• Mine isn't funny either but it amuses me how much I enjoy the change in approach. Maybe give no spread a go tomorrow and see how you get on? Might work, especially if your sandwich is made of something not too dry.

• Hi,

I started using half milk/half water in my porridge and added a few strawberries. Can't tell the difference. I might try it all water tomorrow.

😊

• Hmm maybe I should try that! I use unsweetened almond or coconut milk when I have porridge. I'll try it with half water the next time :)

• I always make my porridge with water only, tastes just as good. I added strawberries to mine this week, not sure i liked it, seemed strange to eat fruit with pancakes, but will persevere.l

• pancakes should read porridge!

• I don't have milk at all and find it know real difference from having milk- I add a pinch of cinnamon and a tspn of vanilla extractas well as fruit- banana, apple or nectarine which I add to porridge before cooking it- lovely

• oops meant no difference in taste!!

• I sometimes just soak the oats overnight in water and have them uncooked in the morning :)

• Almond milk is nice in porridge too unsweetened one very few calories and good for you

• I always go to the upstairs loo now, and run up and down the stairs. Quite a few times a day now that I'm drinking 1.5 litres of water :o ...xx

• I've also started making myself wait for breakfast and lunch. I'll do a few more jobs or go for a walk. I'm in charge, not the clock and certainly not my hunger...xx

• Well done you, I live in a bungalow so can't do stairs but I like the idea of not watching the clock for mealtimes.

• I put lemon juice on my tuna with a smidgen of mayo instead of all mayo. Tastes nicer too!

• Some great ideas here 😀

• If I have a slice of brown toast, I spread marmite thinly and it doesn't need spread. When I make a pizza using a wholemeal wrap as the base, I put the pasata on, then the vegetables and only sprinkle a tiny amount of grated cheese in the gaps. I use significantly less. Xx

• Not weird, but I make a 'skinny' toastie, 2 slices warbutons wholemeal, 55 calls each, 1 slice maasdam cheese , 72 calories, cooked in a toastie bag, no spread, lovely with veg or tomato soup for lunch, it replaces the thick wedges of crusty bread I used to have and saves loads of calories!

• My weird change is that my shoes are all too big!!! 😁😁😁

• Hi echoground, love it.

Imake an omelette without cheese but one smoked macarel fillet cut up, without the skin, very tasty and a great fast breakfast

You may also like...