Back again!

Back again!

Hi my name is Pauline and i am starting the 12 week diet yet again. I have been very confused about my diet of late i have joined SW and WW to no avail. I think their diet plans are restrictive in different ways, i have tried low carb but i find it really hard to give bread up so i am going back to good old calorie counting. I need to lose at least seven stone somhave a long way to go.

Here's to the next 12 weeks and beyond.

Pauline x

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Weight Loss Plan

Join over 40,000 others on our 12-week diet and exercise plan. Keep motivated to develop healthier eating habits & get more active.

Get Started!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

10 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Good luck :) will you join one of the daily weigh ins? Think there's space Weds to Sat and they're really supportive :)

• Hi Fitforit75 yes i am going to be joining the wednesday weigh in. Thanks for your reply?

x

• Hi Pauline. I also prefer calorie counting but also realise that calories are different. Some food just keeps me full for longer than other.

Bread is alright as long as you stick to wholewheat.

Good luck with the 12 week plan, it worked well for me.

• Hi and welcome Pauline :)

Take a look at the Pinned posts section to the right of your screen (bottom if you're using a mobile), read the Welcome Newbie thread first and move through to the challenges, where we hope you'll find at least one that will appeal to you :)

Move down to the Topics, to find a variety of threads, collated into specific topics for ease of access and we ask that you also 'file' your own threads, so that others won't miss your important news :)

Have a look at the NHS 12 week plan, as many people have had success with it. Don't forget to take your starting measurements and a 'before' picture, as they can be very motivating on days that the scales refuse to co-operate :)

We run daily weigh-in's and you would be very welcome to join any, bar Monday and Tuesday, which are unfortunately full. The threads can always be found in the Events section, to the right of the home page, bottom on a mobile.

We've found that to get the best out of this community, we need to be active on the forum, as it's where we exchange information, get motivation and inspiration and make friends. We hope that you'll join us here, regularly, too :)

It's only left for me to wish you well on your journey :)

• Thank you moreless 😄

• Bread is awful stuff :-) I am following the Blood Sugar Diet, and have cut out bread, potatoes, pasta, rice and anything that contains added sugar (ready made sauces and condiments), plus anything that contains flour. I have been losing weight for five years, and it is definitely those items which don't help me!

The things is with WW and SW is that they don't teach you how to manage choice - choice and temptation are a huge part of food. Therefore, we need to live with choice and temptation - but learn how to make the right choices and resist temptation!

• Hi Pineapple27 those are the very things that i have been trying to cut out of my diet but i always give in. I know bread, pasta and rice are the culprits cos i put weight back on when i start to eat them again. I know this should the the route for me to take but i dont think i could keep it up which is why ive decided to count the calories but tbh i dont think that would last that long as i am always hungry when taking in less calories. How did you manage to cut out the bread etc without craving it so much that you gave in?

x

• The problem is.... carbs are very addictive. A bit like giving up smoking..... the longer that you are able to resist - the stronger you become and the more the cravings reduce.

I count calories, but I really don't miss those things at all now....

• Hello pauline55 and welcome to the forum 😊

I agree with you that portion control is very important for weight loss 😊

I do eat bread though as it's my favourite food, but don't have very much. Check your BMR and target calories, as it's important to eat enough so you don't get hungry or feel deprived 😊

It's also good to be active on the forum, that's where we exchange ideas and get our daily dose of motivation and inspiration.😊

Best wishes

Anna

• Hi pauline55, I have also done SW and WW in the past and never had much success. My advice is to use the NHS BMI counter and see what calories you are allowed. I found I could eat more than I was and am finding it easier to loose weight. I have dropped mine down a bit from what they suggested, but don't go to low to start as you will have to lower them again as the weight comes off. Also if you don't give your body enough it thinks your starving it, so hangs on to what it's got. I also write everything down, even the things I shouldn't have had. I haven't deprived myself of anything, but have cut back on things like bread, crisps and my treats are not chocolate based so much now. This forum is great for advice and is very friendly. Good luck with your journey.

You may also like...