Anyone else finding their digestion changing?

Hi all,

I have been coming here to NHS Weight Loss for nearly six weeks now. Calorie counting for the first five weeks, then last week I was doing the 5:2 to give my weight loss a kick start. So I have eaten in moderation, even over Christmas. But until this week, I hadn't touched the Christmas cake. This week I have had two pieces (no, not at once! last Tuesday and today). And both times it has given me terrible indigestion. I never used to have a problem with Christmas cake, but obviously, my digestive system doesn't like it any more. Anyone else find they can't tolerate certain foods, now they have got into good habits?

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Weight Loss Plan

Join over 40,000 others on our 12-week diet and exercise plan. Keep motivated to develop healthier eating habits & get more active.

Get Started!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

6 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I found I got indigestion on my paleo diet even after eating grapefruit or cauliflower. Think it was my body's way of asking what's was going on. I never got indigestion after pizza and ice cream. It has gone away now although I still can't look at grapefruit as I thought I was going to die last time!

So will you be throwing the cake away? Maybe feed it to the birds!

• I really like the moto you have put on the weighin post. You are so right Trimmerteacher , why do people do this?

• Cant throw it away - OH will finish it off.😊

• I now get indigestion if I eat a very fatty meal.

(Not saying fats are necessarily bad btw, as I know many on this forum follow high fat diets, just that the body seems to adapt to changes in diet and then gets surprised by a sudden reversion.)

• Yes , I use to eat fish n chips from shop weekly ! Last Sept began weight loss so hadn't had fish n chips until last night . I had lost 2lb short of three stone and really fancied a piece of fish with a few chips . An hour later my tummy was on the go, I woke in the night, then after my morning run had to make a dash for the loo. Think I will only be having them very occasionally!!

• I always get indigestion with any fatty foods or fizzy drinks. I think your digestion must change.

You may also like...