35lbs to lose after losing 63lbs last year

35lbs to lose after losing 63lbs last year

Hi I'm cherry 47 and last year I lost 63lbs

calorie counting

WW

Slim and save

Sadly I wrecked my immune system on slim and save got really poorly hence gaining 30lbs ☹️

Since 1987 I have yoyoed large chucks weight on and off meaning my weightloss is now slow so I need to stop and just accept slow losses

I prefer calorie counting but I know it will take me ages to lose 35lbs so I need to work with my head to just accept BETTER OFF THAN ON

Hope everyone has a success weightloss year

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Weight Loss Plan

Join over 40,000 others on our 12-week diet and exercise plan. Keep motivated to develop healthier eating habits & get more active.

Get Started!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

28 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Welcome, and well done on your weight loss so far; you are in right place to get ongoing support and encouragement, slow and steady is much better for you and as you say it will help you to keep it off.

• Thankyou that's kind yes I really need to stop yoyoing :(

• I don't know what slim and save is, but I believe you are on the right track now with calorie counting and accepting slow and steady progress. Judging from your photos you are doing incredibly well. Wow! You can get rid of the remaining 35lbs too. Go for it! 💪🏻

• It's 650 calorie meal replacement plan a day

I gained 30lbs so need to get that back off

I seem t be having problems accessing prope profiles on here

Thankyou fur your nice comment :)

• Hi and welcome, Lawman :)

Take a look at the Pinned posts section to the right of your screen (bottom if you're using a mobile), read the Welcome Newbie thread first and move through to the challenges, where we hope you'll find at least one that will appeal to you :)

Move down to the Topics, to find a variety of threads, collated into specific topics for ease of access and we ask that you also 'file' your own threads, so that others won't miss your important news :)

Have a look at the 12 week plan, as many people have been successful with it.

We run daily weigh-in's, but Monday's and Tuesday's are full. You would be very welcome to join any, between Wednesday and Saturday and the threads can always be found in the Events section, to the right of the home page, bottom on a mobile.

We've found that to get the best out of this community, we need to be active on the forum, as it's where we exchange information, get motivation and inspiration and make friends. We hope that you'll join us here, regularly, too :)

It's only left for me to wish you well on your journey :)

• Great thanks a lot

• Hello Lawman17 and welcome to the forum ☺

You are not the only person to lose and gain weight in a vicious cycle 😕 you have had quite a journey 😕 Well done on keeping on with the battle

Below is a link to a thread about mindset and motivation, you may find some of the replies helpful ☺

healthunlocked.com/nhsweigh...

best wishes

Anna

• Thanks Anna kind of you to do that

• Anyone help me find Friday's weigh in post so I can join ? Thankyou

• There will be a post on late Thursday evening for the Friday weigh in, so don't look yet! I think it will be in the pinned posts section on the right of your screen (or the bottom if you're on a mobile).

• It's posted by Anna61 . If you click on her name it will take you to her profile. Then 'follow' her and the weigh in post will go directly to your inbox. Hope that helps!

• Thankyou :)

• Great thanx :)

• hi. and welcome x

I'm 45 and I've also tried all the diets you've mentioned... had sucess... and then put it all back on again and more.

looking at your pics you've done so well so far and even if it now the weight comes off slowly .. 'owts better than nowt' as they say here in Yorkshire haha

In the past ive always wanted quick losses and see the lbs come off on the scales but since I started exercising more and eating better I'm not as bothered what it says on the scales anymore as people are starting to notice and ask me if I've lost weight..

ive a lot of weight to lose (6st) and my weight loss is slow but steady.. I started in Nov and have only lost 12lbs but feel so much better and am still motivated to continue doing what I'm doing.

Stick with us here and join the weighin's and I'm sure you will see the weight come off and with the support from all us lot here you can do it x

• Hello Thankyou for your reply

Yes last year I was 16.7 stones got down to 11st 13.5 seeing 11st anything was great dropped to size 12 then got really ill now I'm 14 stone and fed up

Ins instructor losing so slow that's why I fall into the vlcd yoyo hell but can't after getting ill

I'm trying to look at the better pic that I'm smaller than a year ago and losing 2.5 stones will have me back in a 12

12lbs in 2 months is great I think the scales are real indications of health or loss it's clothes

No way could I be 8-9 stone at 11 st 13 I liked small so I will aim fur 11 st 7 so it's mentally easier

That after pic I'm 2 stone heavier so need to kick my butt lol

Your doing great 🌟🌟

• Lawman17 I feel your pain of the yoyo dieting! I have been guilty of that too! I am a similar age & have gained weight with each diet!

I think slow & steady is the way to go with some increased activity. Hopefully you can heal your immune system with healthy clean eating! And before you know it, a few months will have passed & you'll be thinner, lighter & healthier!

Good luck! 👍🏻

• Thankyou it's a case of realising we can't eat how we like isn't it

Thankyou fur your kind reply

I'm positive you will do this :)

• I'm sure you can too! 😀

• Hi again Lawman17 . You have done everything so well to lose all those pounds when you've obviously been going through a very difficult time. I'm sure any comments on here are intended to be helpful and support you in your plan to be fitter and healthier.

Keep on using the site and celebrate what you've achieved so far. I'm quite sure you'll get to where you want to be - you must be very strong and determined to have overcome all the issues you e been dealing with.

See you on the Friday weigh in tomorrow? X

• I think you're doing absolutely brilliantly what a difference so far you look really good! I think if you eat as many differently coloured fruit and veg as you can you will boost your immune system. Slow weight loss is good it stays off. You already look fantastic so don't worry enjoy the benefits of feeling healthier and fitter. Well done and good luck x

• Loving the positive approach "BETTER OFF THAN ON", and the even more the positive attitude that it may take time - that's the best approach for sure - I am looking forward to cheering you on your journey.

As I am helping host the Friday weigh-in this week, I will be looking out for you, and hope to hear more about you moving downwards.

By the way, I don't know if you would be interested (if no-one else has mentioned it), but you may wear a "badge" next to your name - if you would like - but not compulsory. You could have a "Newbie" badge, which you can "wear" for 12 weeks, or, as you have lost 33lbs already, you could have a "2 stone" badge. There is a separate thread for requests for badges, but if you reply to this message, I will make sure the appropriate people see it and and pin it on for you. :)

• Hi Thankyou for your kind message

Yes tomorrow I'll be hunting Friday weighers

Yes a badge would be good I'm ok phone so maybe not seeing everything I need to

Thanks a lot fur your help it's appreciated :)

• You are more than welcome. Which do you fancy having. A Newbie badge or a 2 stone one?

And I know just what you mean about navigating around on a mobile.

• Maybe a 2 stone one will spur me in to the 35lbs to go that's great Thankyou :)

• moreless YellowRose55 If either of you have a moment to buff up a 2 stone badge before affixing it, that would be appreciated.

• Always happy to award badges, well done you! :)

• Lovely badge Lawman17 😊

See you in the morning at the weigh in 😊

• Thankyou all for your help :)

You may also like...