Hi

I'm starting healthy eating tomorrow. I suffer with major depressive disorder and I have noticed over the years that my condition is worse when I over eat. I also want to get to 9st and stay there. I'm ready to put in the work, I just hope I stay motivated.

Last edited by
Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Weight Loss Plan

Join over 40,000 others on our 12-week diet and exercise plan. Keep motivated to develop healthier eating habits & get more active.

Get Started!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

21 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Good luck with your first day, and stay positive :)

• Thank you! 😊

• Hi Ellice :) You have come to the right place! Everyone on here is very friendly and supportive. You may want to think about doing the NHS 12 week plan to start with, a lot of us have done that :) Also, take a look at the Welcome Newbies in the pinned posts, to the right hand side of your screen (I think it's at the bottom if you are on a phone).

I wish you the best of luck! :)

• Thank you. I'm so please to already have responses. I have downloaded the 12 week plan and definitely gping to use it. Thank you for that, will check the Newbies page. Thanks again for your support.

• Hello Eillice

I have the same feelings when i indulge, it can tend to be a vicious circle. So i thought NewYears day I would get my mind into a better place and sort myself from these low and destructive feelings! I cleared the house of unhealthy food and started planning easy healthy food and taking a bottle of water where ever I go. A week into it and I'm doing really well, feeling positive, upbeat and have lost 2lb. When ever i feel threatened by indulging i tell myself I'm doing very well with ths' it helps and i drink water and move on.

It's all about getting your precious mind into gear. Good luck :-)

• Thank you. It's nice to know other struggle with this. I did try to start last week but just couldn't get into it. I think that finding this health site will help. Thanks again. Will try to do the same with bottle of water.

• Good luck with your weight loss. Stick with the positive mind set you will be fine 😊

• Thank you 😊 I'm in a much better place than last Monday so here's hoping!

• Brilliant start Ellice :-))

• So pleased ellis, ita a lovely forum as you can see. People are so friendly. Anytime you need encouragement just post. Someone will always reply 😊

• Thank you 😊

• Hi and welcome, ElliceMiles :)

You might like to join our weigh-in today, the thread can be found in the Events Section, to the right of the home page, at the bottom if you're using a phone.

Wishing you all the best :)

• Thank you that would be great.

• I shall look forward to seeing you there :)

• Just commented now and replied to a few other members. It looks like a great group. Thank you.

• Fantastic! It is, indeed, a great group and all the better now, for you joining it :)

• Hello ElliceMiles and welcome to the forum ☺

The 12 week plan is an excellent way to start, as is joining the forum ☺ I'm glad you find eating properly helps your depression.

With regards to weight loss, I find it easier to have smaller goals and focus on health rather than the number on the scales ☺

Are you getting much exercise? My hubby and my daughter both battle depression and find exercise very beneficial ☺

Good luck and best wishes

Anna

• Hi Ellie, good luck for the week, hope you get to feel and think better, I share the same condition xG

• Thank you.

• Hi,

I also suffer from depression - perhaps more than 20 years.. I am on antidepressants as well. I 've started 12 weeks program just two weeks ago and I also did 6 weeks of Coach to 5 program. I can say that I feel much more energetic than before - I can't believe that running and diet can give you the same treatment as antidepressants , though I must sau antidepressant didn't make me so energetic as running does. I wish you good look. I can say that my depression is at much lower level compared to the period when I started running and healthy diet. I hope you will feel the same as me:)

• Thank you for sharing that. I have read that exercise is a great antidepressant and I hope my lifestyle changes will help me like they have helpedal you. I also love yoga, I haven't done it for a few months but it really helps me to feel more in control.

You may also like...