Hope you're been enjoying your weekend. I've been busy, a bit tired. But with good news to report, first week weight loss: 0.9 kg within the sustainable range of 0.5-1kg. So what I have done right this week:
1. Drunk plenty of water, reached the target of 1.2 L in 3 days of 5. And took more soup.
2. Planed and prepared my meals every night, I have done this before, but not as organised and consistent, so now I make preparing next day's meals a priority, so I won't binge eat something unhealthy when I'm starving.
3. Made healthy tasty salad, adding 2 portions of veggie and reducing carb intake for dinner has been great. Now I've collected a few good recipes of tasty healthy salad (with thanks to some of you:), I'm more confident about boosting my veggie intake (I like my stir-fry, but tend to add too much cooking oil in it
Things I have struggled with:
1. Tiredness and back pain, which add on mental stress, making me want to comfort eat, but luckily I managed to divert my attention to other sources comfort, i.e. hot shower, warm tea (no sugar). And there's always chewing gum to keep myself busy.
2. Exercise, walked 2 hours in the park with my son. But other than that, driving everywhere is not helping.
3. Leftover dessert, biscuits/chocolate from friends/family. I don't really throw food out unless they're out of date, don't like to waste food, even unhealthy food (some people might need it). So had some leftover trifle before it went out of date. I'll give my biscuits to food bank next week.
For next week, my target is to
1. keep doing where I've done right (done my weekly shopping today, my 3 years old son's been great at picking healthy fruit, veggie and fish which gives more incentive for doing this right, for me and for him)
2. exercise more, target 150 minutes brisk walking (will plan it in my diary later on tonight).
Think I might struggle with water intake next week, because it's not always easy to remind yourself drinking when you're working away from home.
So far so good, it's only week one, but a good start!