Fat, Fed Up & Want to Change

Hello,

Since being a kid, I have always been overweight. I've done diet after diet, lost the weight then put it all back on again plus extra.

I want to change, I want to stop this toxic relationship I have with food. I'm turning 47 on the 15 Dec and I don't like myself.

I want to be able to go into clothes shops and try on all the fashionable stuff and I want to feel good for the first time in a long, long time.

So today is a new start for me, this is the first step of a long journey. So shoulders back, head up and off I go...wish me luck please (I'm gonna need it!!!)

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Weight Loss Plan

Join over 40,000 others on our 12-week diet and exercise plan. Keep motivated to develop healthier eating habits & get more active.

Get Started!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

11 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi Hazel,

Welcome to the Weight loss NHS forum. We have a Welcome Newbie post - it's in the Pinned posts area - which is on the right-hand-side of the homepage, and it's worth a read to see what past and current members have said about the forum, and it's a good introduction to some of the things going on here. The Pinned posts are all hopefully useful and interesting - and so have a look through and do join in with anything you like the look of.

Many of us are following the NHS 12 week plan, and I think that's definitely worth a look, to see if it might help you.

The Monday group weigh-in sessions are going on today, and are open till 18 00 on Friday, so do join us there is you would like to weigh-in with a supportive and friendly group. The link to the session is in the Events section - below the Pinned posts.

Wishing you luck with your goals, and I hope you'll enjoy being part of the forum - it's a friendly community.

Lowcal :-)

• good luck with starting your diet xx

• Thanx xx

• Good luck Hazel ! 😁👍

• Oh gosh, you all seem so nice, thanx for your support xx

• Good luck. You can do it.

• Do like yourself today you have taken a huge first step. Like yourself always or this is a hard battle! Forgive yourself be kind to yourself 😀

• Reading all you nice replies has given my day a great start. Thank you so much everyone xx

• I could have written the same post as you except that I'm 62 not 47. I just keep telling myself that this time is going to be different. And it will be! Good luck.

I think this is a really good time for us to change our eating patterns because if we can get through the sabotage of Christmas we can get through anything !

• Will power over the festive period is what we will have to have, but not to cut all the treats out totally (I'll crave them all the more if I do!).

Good luck with your journey and thanks for your reply xx

• Sounds just like me. This is week2 on NHS plan and Week 8 of couch to 5k. the one you site is amazing and you can start to think about the drivers for eating. There is help there. Good luck to us both x

You may also like...