Fresh fruit salad please?

The season for major eating out has started. On offer on the usual Christmas menu's are Christmas pudding, cheesecake, brownies, etc.....when I ask for fresh fruit, that's where generally it goes wrong......So surprising, even the company I work for our Christmas menu has a calories, sugar laden dessert with no choice of fruit. A major eatery would not offer a healthy dessert after I asked so I sat with nothing whilst everyone ate. Come on, Harvester, hotels, and many more, fruit please.....!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Weight Loss Plan

Join over 40,000 others on our 12-week diet and exercise plan. Keep motivated to develop healthier eating habits & get more active.

Get Started!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

7 Replies

oldestnewest
  • A lot of slim people will accept the high calorie dessert, eat a mouthful and leave the rest. For us sugar addicts, that might take some doing....or perhaps we can offer it to some strapping chap who can tolerate a few extra calories? I agree, they should at least offer a light mousse or meringue style dessert as an option.

• I have been watching what goes on dessert wise too. I noticed that my slim friends make a big fuss about the first mouthful and then offer up their pudding so everyone else gets a taste. They eat maybe a third. That is the secret and where I have been going wrong!! Xx. Ultimately it is down to economies of scale and catering gateaux etc is cheaper per cover than a fresh fruit salad. Wrong but sadly life. Xx

• I prefer cheese, a bit like Wallace :-)

• Fruit is still sugar of course.

• Yes, I appreciate that......but I sat and watched my office mates eating a huge date and nut cheese cake with a biscuit base and a huge dollop of fresh cream....

• I think a real food/added sugar free version with a ground nut base, soft cheese topping with a small amount of low Gi fruit, and fresh cream would be quite healthy.

• owwwww.....yes, that sounds delightful...

You may also like...