Oven-baked carrot fries - food from heaven

Today I had difficulty choosing what to have with chicken because nothing sounded tempting. And then I came across the easiest recipe ever that I want to share with you:

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

2. Peel and cut carrots into "fries" shapes.

3. Place them on a cooking sheet on top of parchment paper.

4. Add a little bit of cooking oil and salt.

5. Bake for about 20-25 minutes until well browned and tender.

The fries were A-MA-ZING! They were sweet and mushy, a perfect fit with chicken. Absolutely baking them again soon.

(Recipe from creativeandhealthyfunfood.c...

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Weight Loss Plan

Join over 40,000 others on our 12-week diet and exercise plan. Keep motivated to develop healthier eating habits & get more active.

Get Started!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

8 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Sounds yummy, and nicer than sweet potato ones, I do like celeriac ones too

• I haven't tried either but I think oven-baked vegetables will soon become my favourite side dish :)

• Sounds lovely

I roast alot of veg sweet potato is yummy too change from normal and apparently healthier

• I don't often see sweet potatoes around here but next time I do, I'll get some :) I've read somewhere that they are very healthy

• They are really healthy LouGr ........ I make a tasty soup that has lots of sweet potato in..... I'm not sure if we can post recepies on here though.....

• Oh yummy that sounds lovely! I love baked veg. I bet your carrot fries would be good with spicy topping too - like cajun spice mix, or bbq.

• I haven't thought about the sauce but I know what I'm having my carrots with next time :D I love bbq sauce :D

• Thank you for the recipe, it looks good will try it today I have large and ancient carrots in my fridge just waiting to be attacked.

You may also like...