Well what have you had - or having for tea tonight?

Well what have you had - or having for tea tonight?

Well tonight I have had a really really tasty tea. Breaded cod with broccoli cauliflower and parsnip in a homemade cheese sauce with chilli and sweet potato mash. (not tried sweet potato mash before)

The picture is pre cooked.

Since starting on this site I have come out of my comfort zone in relation to vegetables - other than peas as i wasn't a real veg lover. I am now giving most veg a go and enjoying the experience.Even Mr T enjoyed it and he is a fuddy duddy.

So what have you had or having tonight? Still need to progress and try something new. πŸ˜€

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Weight Loss Plan

Join over 40,000 others on our 12-week diet and exercise plan. Keep motivated to develop healthier eating habits & get more active.

Get Started!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

21 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • That looks delicious!! I am having beans and mash with chicken for dinner. boring but effective.

• Oh that sounds lovely Kinbun I love roast chicken -haven't had it for sometime now. πŸ˜€

• Paella 😊 Or at least my version of it !!! Rice with seafood and vegetables flavoured with paella seasoning I bought in Spain last month 😊 😊😊 finished off with a Spanish orange ❀️ Very yummy

• Oh that sound nice and tasty 😊Anna - I have been to Spain many many years ago but never had Paella.πŸ˜€

• I'm so lucky, my sister lives there so we go quite often 😊 I love Spanish food, and it can be very healthy too 😊😊😊

• Oh that's lovely. Just thinking about it it must be over 20 years since Mr T and I went on holiday.

It's my own fault I won't leave my dogs in kennels and they are at an age now they are too old to leave. πŸ˜€

Keep warm πŸ˜‰

• We are lucky to have friends we can 'swap' animals with 😊

• Mine was risotto, cooked earlier in the week, and two kiwi fruits

• His Diana that sounds lovely hope you enjoyed it. I haven't had kiwi for sometime. πŸ˜€

• I did, currently I'm off food, grab and go easy stuff , my slowcooker will be busy again soon

• Oh so sorry to hear your off food Diana.😯

I hope you feel better soon. πŸ€“

• I eat a Paleo diet so I had a steak, 3 boiled potatoes with a few slivers of butter, artichokes (in a jar) and a small portion of carrots. I cooked myself a corn cob and left it on the stove and forgot about it until my husband showed it to me a hour later!!

• Hi TeganSara not sure what a Paleo diet is but your meal sounds delicious I love steak have it at least once a week. Sorry about the sweetcorn - oops!😁

• Paleo is good for if you have autoimmune disease, and it cuts out gluten, grains (no rice! no bread!! no pasta!!!), beans and most dairy (my grassfed butter is a small and acceptable cheat). It focuses on meat and veg. It works for me, but we're all different.

Well done for increasing your veg intake, it will do you a world of good. Look out for all the different ways you can buy and eat veg. As well as jars of artichokes, I like jars of roasted red peppers - too good to be considered a veg I think!

• Hi Tegan

thank you for your email I appreciate your time responding.

Interestingly in my 20's I was diagnosed with a condition called M E which is myalgicencophalomyelitis.

I was really ill and I was sensitive to all foods.I had total food intolerance. I lost so much weight I was too weak to mobilise and my weight plumited to 5 stone. At 5 9inch you can only imagine how I looked. My immune system didn't exist. Still slightly dodgy to be honest.

I remember with clarity that Mr T had to carry me to the bathroom I was so weak. At that time this wasn't a well known condition and little understood.

Not to dramatise it all family thought I was dying in front of them and to be frank I thought I was dying. My GP was pulling his hair out.

Anyway with a correct diagnosis and correct management I bounced back but it probably took 5 years.

I was very sensitive to anything I ate. I couldn't look at a vegetable never mind eating it.However in time i have gradually been able to add more foods to my diet and know eating a relatively normal diet.

Interestingly I am probably eating similar to you. That's why I find your diet interesting.

Keep warm Tegan πŸ˜€

• I have heard a lot about ME and it is a confusing one - it's so clearly related to autoimmune issues and yet I still haven't seen it truly classified. I'm glad you are doing better these days but I know it must still have lasting effects on you.

Happy to talk to you more about Paleo if you're interested. It's not the approved NHS way to lose weight but I have seen a lot of anecdotal evidence for it helping people with AI disease and I work in the area so I have spoken to many people who have used it.

You certainly can't take health for granted, can you! Take care :D

• I was home later than I expected so my fallback dinner was mushroom stroganoff with wild rice. Its a ready meal from morrisons but very filling. Had some butter beans with it for extra protein & fibre.

• Hi Misstippytoes must admit I have never tried stroganoff or wild mushrooms. 😢

Note to self -to try new tastes

Keep warm πŸ˜€

• That looks tasty. As I've only just seen this post I'll say what I had last night. Sausage casserole ( Tesco low fat sausages), steamed broccoli and carrots,peas and jacket potato. It was so nice, especially the sausages.

• Oh Nessie we have have had tonight sausages with cheese and spring onion very tasty with dry fry egg and reduced salt baked beans - lush! and i forgot wholemeal toast. MmmmmmπŸ˜€

• Looks gorgeous !!!

You may also like...