Kilometre Zero Challenge - Give thanks for exercise mini challenge

Kilometre Zero Challenge - Give thanks for exercise mini challenge

This is me finishing a marathon in 2014 - yes 26.2 miles jogging and walking in 6 hrs 34 minutes. I lost weight in 2013 using the 12 week plan then started c25k in January 2014. A 'friend' for my 59th birthday at the end of January 2014 entered me for a marathon in August that year.

My current challenge is 'swimming the channel' ie 22 miles, by the end of March in the pool raising money for 2 local charities. I am trying to persuade my friend, who is doing the challenge with me, that we ought to do at least a small part of it in the sea - we both have wet suits.

11 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Great achievements, well done!

• Hi Windswept1,

Lovely to see you finishing your Marathon in 2014 - you look amazing!

An excellent entry!

Lowcal :-)

• Oh my!!! What a fantastic photo and inspiring story πŸ˜ŠπŸŽ‰πŸŽˆπŸ‘πŸ˜Š very well done!! 😊😊😊

• Wow! Well done!!

• Apparently, cold swimming is good for weight loss, so you should definitely try that! Maybe not in December though, brrr!

A marathon is such an achievement! Well done. I look forward to hearing how your big swim is going.

• Thank you. we do have wet-suits though!

• Wetsuits can only shield you from so much! I remember going wild swimming to practice for my triathlon and I had my wetsuit on and it was May! I was so cold!!! It was Scotland though, so you don't think I am a total wuss!

• This will be in an Atlantic sea loch on the west coast of the Hebrides, we shall see whether we are brave enough or not. :-)

• Good luck! I think you are brave for even thinking about it!

• Woohoo, Windswept! WTG you! It's my dream to be able to complete a marathon! :)

I definitely won't be doing any sea swimming though! :o

All the very best to you and your friend :)

• I think this hits the 'extraordinary' part of the challenge. Well done you!

You may also like...