Maintenance Weakness

Well, despite my previous good record, I admit I'm having a bad day today food-wise.

Hubbie is away on a rugby weekend. I'm perfectly happy with that, but it means I'm at home, nice and comfy but snacking!! Part of the reason is that I don't have to cook a meal tonight, so I'm rather enjoying the novelty of grazing ( the very practice that got me fat orginally).

I just calorie counted the day so far and am already over by 250 cals. and its only 8pm so bound to be at least one more coffee and cookie still to go !!

But writing this down is helpful, it's an admission / acceptance of a weak moment BUT it's not terminal and is something I can overcome tomorrow or the next day. So if tonight you too are beating yourself up after a gluttonous day, just turn the page. Tomorrow we will do better ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

Last edited by

26 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • I'm going over by more than that each day since Thursday's return to wine. But I will definitely fix this soon! I've got to! We all know what our weaknesses are when we're feeling strong. But owning up to it when we're in the moment is something else altogether. Hope writing this post helps you fight off the snacking urges! Try to tap into the strongest feelings you've had about being determined to stay slim :)

• I've had wine too ... and chocolate ! At the moment Im praying that the rain will stop so that I can get a decent walk tomorrow, usually that inspires me to stay slim.

Meanwhile, cheers Ruth !๐Ÿธ

• It's forecast to rain til 2pm where I am tomorrow... I'm also missing my running etc, it definitely motivates me a lot, I wonder if that's been a factor... But I'm in quarantine with my cough for now :o So yes cheers in the meantime... ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿท๐Ÿนbut hopefully sunny walks and runs soon :) ๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒž

• Get well soon x

• just what i needed to read, my day has been a disaster food wise too. thanks for your wise words,

• Just write off today... you'll be ok.

• The Thornton Classics have made an appearance this evening as I was 'ditched' by my daughter who'd promised to call in from uni for food thus evening. Still another day tomorrow and at least all the chocolates are now eaten.

• Ah yes sounds familiar, I know those visits to mum that get cancelled for a better offer!

• I had one of those days, it was fuelled by a nasty bi polar day today, the cravings hit, when the energy is low, and now aloof cat!

• Should have said yesterday the nibble monster came

• Sorry to hear that, hope tomorrow is a better day for you too ..

• Thankyou, today has been a sleepy ok day tho

• Oh oh it was the tin of roses last weekend when the grandchildren came for a sleep over so in went my hand big mistake !!, hubby and I finished the tin over the next few days ๐Ÿ˜กSo cross with ourselves but the good thing is I never put on any weight !! Hubby did, ๐Ÿค” lol now the other thing I have had food poisoning since Friday night salmon from Lidl and have been very poorly but yay lost weight lol not eating only a few dry crackers , every cloud has a silver linings lining ๐Ÿ˜Š

Hope you all have a nice Sunday x

• Ugh, poor you, not the most pleasant way to lose weight, hope it passes quickly.

• What a good post to read this Sunday morning! My husband is also away this weekend so my girlfriends came over for dinner last night, and I just abandoned my diet for the evening. I woke up feeling so disappointed at my lack of self control. BUT I'm not going through the rest of my life worrying about the odd night off, and I'm NOT giving up either. Likeyou said, turn the page on yyesterday. Turning.....

• Happy Sunday jiminycricket !

• You too!!

• I'm glad I'm not the only one who has done this

• It happens to us all :)

• I'm fairly good Monday to Thursday but the weekend is always difficult.

• We all have rubbish days. Like you say, the trick is not to throw in the towel, write that day off and start afresh the next day. Have a nice Sunday ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Hubby had gone to the store for some Salsa for Taco Salad I showered for dinner came down he had a pound of Bacon and was NO longer hungry. I grab for the pasta and a jar of sauce , way over ate my calorie load. Angry!!!

• In conclusion, my Wicked Weekend ( wicked in the dictionary sense, not kidspeak ! ) did not look so bad when I checked my total for the entire 7 days. This is where recording on Myfitnesspal is so helpful. By sunday night I actually ended up only 193 cals over for the whole WEEK, negligible ๐Ÿ˜Š.

Never throw the towel in after one or several bad days. Always look at the bigger picture.

• I find MFP very helpful too elliebath , we all have blips but it's the average calories over the weeks, months that matter. I had a bad week as shoulder decided to seize up completely which was very painful and would in the past have reached for comfort food (with other arm lol). This time decided my body had enough problems so tried to at least eat healthily and glad that I did. Shoulder recovering gradually thank goodness and weight the same despite little exercise. Think it may only be gentle dog walking this week too, but it all helps.

• A good attitude to have, hope today's torrential rain doesn't scupper your dog walk ( it would me!) .

• Thanks, yes it might, dog refuses to go out in the rain!

You may also like...