Stuck!

Hey! 22 year old lass from Lancashire. With CRPS in my left leg, I've been using crutches for the past 25 months. Before my injury leading to needing crutches, I weighed over 24 stone. I have now lost 10 and a half stone! I lost 48% of my body weight in two years.

However, I'm now stuck at 188lbs (85kg) (my last weigh in was mid October). My leg pain is preventing me from doing much exercise. I try to eat well and exercise when I can. I work in a supermarket on a checkout, so the only exercise I get is upper body.

My tummy, thighs and arms are my problem areas. I have a fair bit of excess skin in these areas, and the fat just won't budge!

5 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • You've done amazingly well! My ability to exercise is limited because of my back and leg. When I injured my back, my Finnish physio (we were living in Finland then) suggested getting an English Pilates beginner DVD. Many of my physio exercises were Pilates-based. I worked out a routine that keeps all the different bits moving and stretched and I find that helps with my pain levels. I certainly know it, if I stop for a day or two! It is possible to mainly exercise the upper body and work up a sweat. Good luck with it.

• Hi wow well done you that's an amazing achievement I also suffer with knee problems and constant pain I find swimming helps me I also push thru the pain and put on a knee support bandage and take my pain killers to walk my puppy it is agony but I do it hope this helps and good luck on the rest of your journey xx

• Hello Sammijs 😊 Welcome to the Weight Loss NHS forum. It’s great that you’ve joined. We are a friendly bunch! 😊 Very well done on losing an amazing 10st!! Fantastic πŸ˜ŠπŸŽ‰πŸ‘πŸŽˆπŸ˜Š

Anyway, with regards to the forum, have a look at the Pinned Posts section, to the right of your screen (bottom, if you're using a mobile) and have a look at the Welcome Newbies thread.😊 there is lots of info here.

If you feel confident then join us for the Monday Group weigh-in. If you follow Lowcal and Moreless (our very approachable site Admins), you'll be notified when they post the threads. The latest weigh-in thread can always be found in the Events section, to the right of the home page. 😊

Be active on the forum, as that's where we exchange ideas and get our daily dose of motivation and inspiration.😊

Enjoy the forum, good luck and best wishes 😊

• You've done really well. Try a maintenance eating plan for a while, then reassess and attempt weight-loss again healthunlocked.com/nhsweigh...

Resistance exercise allows the use of less than bodyweight to stimulate muscle strength increases for support, with small incremental differences possible to aid fine-tuning.

• Have you looked at the Leslie Sansone walking vids on YouTube? Congratulations on your loss so far! Amazing πŸ˜‰

You may also like...