New Here ! :)

Hi I am new here ,

I am 60 years old and am fed up having been on many diets throughout the years,and lose weight then it all goes back on again and I'm back to where I started!!!

So I decided to give this Healthy Plan a go and see if it works for me fingers crossed.

As you can see I am a lifelong David Bowie fan,and also an animal lover,and also have a dog ( Sheltie) and ( don't laugh), a Russian Hamster!!!

So pleased to be starting something positive at last!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Weight Loss Plan

Join over 40,000 others on our 12-week diet and exercise plan. Keep motivated to develop healthier eating habits & get more active.

Get Started!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

10 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • Hi BowieFan60

Welcome to the NHS Weight Loss Forum. It's a very friendly, encouraging and helpful site, where we are all on the same journey to health.

If you haven't already, please read the Welcome Newbies post. It's in the Pinned Posts section, to the right of your screen, (bottom if you're on a mobile). It has a link to the NHS 12 week plan, which is a great place to start. It doesn't give a specific diet plan, but gives guidelines for healthy eating. Also take a look at the Topics section beneath that, for posts that could answer any questions you may have. You may also like to check out how many calories you should have each day using the BMI checker.

Perhaps consider joining in our challenges, they're fun to do and help with motivation.

Join us for the Monday Group weigh-in. If you 'follow' Lowcal and moreless (our very approachable site Admins), you'll be notified when they post the threads. The latest weigh-in thread can always be found in the Events section, to the right of the home page. The weigh in is entirely voluntary, but I find it helps keep me accountable.

Be active on the forum, as that's where we exchange ideas and get our daily dose of motivation and inspiration. ๐Ÿ˜„

Enjoy the forum, and I wish you success with your goals.

Good luck ๐Ÿ˜€

Mouse ๐Ÿญ

• Thank you very much for your reply- it sounds a great forum :)

• It is great. Unfortunately at the moment we are having trouble posting the Monday weigh-in thread, but are trying to sort something out.

I think our motto should be 'don't give up', although our usual one is 'onwards and downwards' :)

• Welcome to the forum I wish you luck and determination ๐Ÿ˜€

• Hello BowieFan60 ๐Ÿ˜Š

I'm also a Bowie fan, dog owner (mix of border/Shetland collie) and a lifetime yoyo dieter who is winning the battle to successfully lose weight and get fitter ๐Ÿ˜Š

This is a great forum ๐Ÿ˜Š

Good luck and best wishes

• Many thanks to all of your good wishes - you all sound great and I feel it will be a really big help to belong to a forum where everyone's in the same boat!!!

And Anna,another Bowie AND dog fan -EXCELLENT,we will be able to console each other in January......:(

Xx

• I know ๐Ÿ˜ข We will

• A dog lover even hamster( those of mine have all past), dog and cats live. I have a large Chesapeake Bay Retriever 100lbs darling boy. Welcome to the forum you will find it very supportive saw you were introduce to information by Moose doing a great job. Good luck on your journey, return often with any questions and post often.

• Welcome BowieFan hope you enjoy being part of the forum Its full of the loveliest people it's a joy

All the support really will keep you motivated

An animal lover and Bowie fan sounds perfect

All the very best ๐Ÿ˜„

• Thank you both-

The veterinary nurse said my Sheltie needed to lose some weight ,so maybe she ought to join too !!!!

You may also like...