Party food recipes?

My first weekend whilst dieting is already worrying me - I need some ideas! Last night we went to a friends house for dessert and drinks - quite a common Friday night out for us. Gorgeous apple crumble, cakes, and Eton mess that people brought to share. I just had small amounts but it was really hard and goodness knows what my calories were. I didn't really think ahead very well - I should have taken something really nice and low calorie to see me through! Does anyone have any good ideas?

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Weight Loss Plan

Join over 40,000 others on our 12-week diet and exercise plan. Keep motivated to develop healthier eating habits & get more active.

Get Started!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

11 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Meringues aren't too bad, sugary but not fatty. Perhaps make your own version of pavlova using sweetened quark and add fruit of your choice.

• That's a really good idea! I love pavlova. Thank you.

• I think I'd use creme friache bit more luxury

• Yes that's a good idea - needs to appeal to everyone not just me! I definitely don't want lots of leftovers!

• I think lots would not notice, often diet stuff seems more appealing than other stuff!

GU the pudding folk ( tesco/waitrose) made yummy stuff, and gave reasonable calories too, I sometimes buy them. 😉

• You can make cheesecake and mousses using quark too..have a look on the slimming world website 😀

• I'll look - thank you. I've never used quark before.

• Hi JiminyCricket,

There is a section in the Recipe Collation posts I did a while back which has a few cakes, granolas, and things like that, which you might like the look of. Here's a link to the post, which is in the Pinned posts area:

healthunlocked.com/nhsweigh...

The section is towards the end of the list of recipes, but there are some nice healthy versions there to consider.

Lowcal :-)

• Thank you. It's been really good to feel I'm not alone with this! I'll have a look a the recipes and pick one for this evening!

• Great! I've just edited it to include a great recipe by AuraShadows - who did some 'Guilt-free Flapjacks' yesterday, which I am seriously considering making myself sometime soon, as they are just the kind of recipe I was hoping to find. :-)

I hope you'll let us know which one you choose in the end, and how it goes! Good luck! :-) Most importantly - enjoy your weekend!!! :-)

• Lots of healthy ones to choose from, even a fresh fruit salad could be nice, save s few cals in the week for these dis maybe?

You may also like...