Food for the day

Food for the day

I thought I'd show what a typical day's food looked like :) I always have porridge and fruit for breakfast. Today it was grapes, as I'd run out of raspberries and blueberries! (220 calories). Lunch was a salad with reduced fat red pepper hummus, and rice cakes for dipping. (290 calories) Dinner was smoked haddock in a cheese and parsley sauce, with jacket spud, peas and broccoli, (500 calories). I try to eat fish at least twice a week, and have 2 or 3 meat free meals. I have a Benecol Light with my main meal as I'm trying to lower my cholesterol, and I also try to drink 1.5 to 2 litres of water (which I flavour with slices of lemon, lime or orange) every day. With a few cups of tea, and either a yogurt or a piece of fruit for dessert. my daily total is about 1200 calories (recommended amount from myfitnesspal). I'm on week 11 of the 12 week NHS plan. My first goal was to lose 2 stone by the end of it, and I'm not too far off that :)

25 Replies

oldestnewest
  • They all look so yummy! Hopefully you'll hit your goal really soon! :)

• Thanks so much :)

• All but the porridge,!

• Lol! I used to hate porridge as a kid, but I love it now, especially these cold mornings. Plus it keeps me full until lunchtime, and helps lower cholesterol :)

• Hi

meals look fab

Well done on getting so close to the 2 stone loss

I have just signed up to myfitness pal and still trying to work my way through it

• Thanks! I like myfitnesspal as I have linked it to my Jawbone fitness tracker. That way I can see the calories I'm burning, and the ones I'm eating, in one place :)

• That looks an excellent day's food...I admire you for being so disciplined!

My day's food is normally nearer to 1500 cals as I have found that if I eat less than that, I have a tendency to have a "rebound binge" so have found a slower weight loss that follows a slightly higher calorie allowance works better for me personally.

We are all different; different heights and different activity levels so each must find his or her own calorie allowance that he/she can stick to.

Well done for having got to week 11 and nearly lost those 2 stones!

• Thank you :) Unfortunately, I'm only 5ft 2ins and I have hypothyroidism, so have a slow metabolism. I did start off on 1400 cals and that was fine, until a couple of weeks ago. As I'd lost weight I needed to cut my calories, or up my exercise, because I had a week where I gained weight, even though I didn't cheat. I'm having some joint pain at the moment, so I cut the calories. When I get it sorted I will probably eat a bit more, but increase my walking :)

• That looks lovely. Have you re checked your BMI since your weightloss.👍

1200 calories per day appears very low. 😀

• Hi Truly, I have checked my BMI and the NHS site says I can eat 1458 calories a day for my height and age. I was eating 1400 a day at the start, as I was very sedentary before I started dieting (about 800 steps a day). I had gradually increased my exercise to 5,000 most days and 10, 000 once a week. I am having a lot of joint pain at the moment, so have had to cut the walking down quite a bit, which s why my calories have decreased :)

• All looking lovely, lots of variety 😊 well done 😊😊😊

• Thank you :)

• HI Timsmum,

Incredible to see your day's food like that - looks so healthy and delicious, and colourful too. :-)

Fantastic!

Lowcal :-)

• Thanks Lowcal :)

• Looks lovely. I enjoy everyone's recipes

• Thanks! :)

• It all looks very fresh and inviting 😊 Well done on being so close to your goal, you've done really well to lose nearly 2 stone in 11 weeks!

• Thanks Caz28 :) It took a long time for me to get my head in the right place after my illness caused me to put on so much weight, but I am really determined, now, to lose the whole 4 stone :) I feel so much better already, but I expect the last 2 stone will take a lot longer to shift!

• I put weight on through illness too, and stopping smoking, so I know how you feel! Being in the right frame of mind is essential, and looking at your food choices you are definitely in the zone!

• Fantastic thank you so much for sharing and giving great ideas Very well done 😃

• Thank you :)

• Thanks for that! I always find it really helpful to look at what people who are doing well are actually eating. Good luck with the rest of your programme.

• Thanks so much :)

• I could eat the photo! Incredible job stay within the calories you have the plan down to the mark. Love this and and plan on making. Thanks.

• Thank you for your kind words cherv :) Everyone on here is so nice :)

You may also like...