Electric spiralizer on it's way to me

I've been using a manual spiralizer for about a year, and splashed out on an upgrade. I thought of it as a little treat for losing my first 7lbs.

Have you ever heard of courgette? Spiralizer courgette to replace spaghetti in a bolognese! Spiralizer is not only fun to do, but the foods also then cook so !much quicker too. New upgrade is arriving on Monday 🙂

9 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi Piglet,

Lovely that you've treated yourself to an upgraded spiraliser, and hope you enjoy using it. Yes, definitely heard of courgettes - they are lovely, I had some in my vegetable bake tonight. I'm sure it will make a lovely version of spaghetti - I've never tried spiralising, but I did buy some shop bought butternut squash that had been ready-spiralised once. :-)

Not long till you'll receive your new one, and I bet you'll have fun when it arrives! Lots of delicious meals, and hope you post a photo of one of your creations - it would be great to see it!

Lowcal :-)

• I grate courgettes and put them in everything! Have fun with your new gadget!

• That should have said 'courgetti'.

There is an app:Morphy Richards Cook and Create (think that's it) that has some lovely recipes on it, and you can take a photo of your finished creation to add to the recipe page. I will be trying out some of their recipes in the near future.

• I've spiralizer, only a bit, they look so pretty too, maybe I will get one some day, an electric one

• I make courgetti a lot - it's how I got my 7 year old to enjoy courgettes! Enjoy!

• Let us know how you get on. I have a manual one - I thought I would use it more than I actually do but I tend to forget it's there. I'm not sure I have the space for an electric one - my husband bought a deep fat fryer this week - I'm sure that'll help! :-)

• Hi I buy boodles (butternut squash spaghetti) all the time. Mainly as a replacement for spaghetti but also as a extra in stir fry dishes. Love courgettes but not enjoyed them much sprialized. Not really got much room in my kitchen for gadgets but I guess it would be cheaper in the long run if I could make my own. Hope you enjoy using your new electric machine, I should imagine it will be so much easier than a manual one as butternut squash is such a hard vegetable when raw :)

• Cristalmundo, you have made me LOL! Hmm, a deep-fry fryer and a diet are not friendly companions.

I will definitely let you know how it goes. I am working extra-long hours next week (stock-take), so there won't be MUCH cooking being done unfortunately.

If I can work out how to upload photos, I will do that too...just don't hold your breath!

• That is wonderful a reward for you weight loss. I love my spiralizer use it all the time may be a good idea with the fall and winter veggie's to buy and electric. My deep fat fry has long been gone so also LOL at Criistalmundo, maybe husband is a fisherman! I have room or I would make space for an electric one love the the fresh taste of them spiraled. So many variations in cooking.

You may also like...