A Nice Blend of Protein, Carbohydrate and Fat

A Nice Blend of Protein, Carbohydrate and Fat

Since my wife is at work today, I'm eating for one.

After my Sunday morning gym session, I thought I'd enjoy a humble favourite as post workout replenishment for lunch (I did shower before preparing it, though):

Half a tin of reduced sugar beans in tomato sauce, a slice of wholemeal toast, 4 Quorn cocktail sausages and 25g of grated Red Leicester sprinkled on the top. A small dollop of Marmite was also added, to improve the flavour.

Nutritional breakdown is a follows:

Protein: 29g

Carbohydrate: 49g (of which sugars 8.1g).

Fat: 18.5g (of which saturates 7g).

Fibre: 18.2g

Calorie Content 500Kcal.

Last edited by

12 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Not sure about the marmite - hope you enjoyed it :)

I am currently making soup

• Hmmm....yeah, Marmite is very much an acquired taste.

Still, when added to dishes, as opposed to being spread upon toast, for example, I find its flavour isn't as nearly as intense.

Nonetheless, I hope you enjoy your soup as much.

• HI MrNiceGuy,

I like the look of your meal, and great to see the nutritional content too.

Wishing you an excellent weekend.

Lowcal :-)

• Thanks, Lowcal.

It's been a while since I enjoyed a staple of university students, but I desired something convenient and filling. However, based upon its content, students can't complain about being malnourished.

Hope you've had a great weekend too.

• Nice on a cold day but even better after exercise. Xx

• Indeed. It was just what was needed, to help replenish depleted glycogen and to begin repairing muscle fibres.

• Yummy! very nutritious. ☺

• It was delicious, albino. It kept me satisfied for a good 3 hours afterwards, but I'm starting to feel a little hungry now, though.

• Snack time? ☺ dinner time?

• Tea time.

Currently enjoying home-made vegetarian chilli.

• Baked beans are a good source of fibre and protein - quite filling too. I like beans on toast with a poached egg on top ...plus brown sauce of course!

• I'll usually add either brown sauce or Marmite to the beans as they simmer away, but I'm all out of brown sauce, so Marmite it was.

Your suggestion of a poached egg on top simply serves to increase the nutritional content, particularly that of protein and Vitamin D (always welcome at this time of year).

You may also like...