New and struggling a big bit!

New here and feeling very fed up after putting on a lot of weight over the last six weeks. Normally very active (about to start training for my second marathon) but a spell of ill health and a lot of stress has meant that the weight has piled on really easily and doesn't feel quite as easy to get it back off again. Type 1 diabetic too on an insulin pump...

9 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi and welcome Shivie :)

Take a look at the Pinned Posts section, to the right of your screen (bottom, if you're using a mobile) and have a look at the Welcome Newbies thread.

Look at the Topics section beneath that, for posts that could answer any questions you may have. Consider joining any, or all, of our challenges, as they're fun and motivating.

Join us for the Monday Group weigh-in. If you follow Lowcal and myself you'll be notified when we post the threads. The latest weigh-in thread can always be found in the Events section, to the right of the home page (bottom if you're using a mobile).

Be active on the forum, as that's where we exchange ideas and get our daily dose of motivation and inspiration.

Wishing you all the best with your weight loss journey :)

• Thank you. I did it before so I know I can definitely get on top of things again, just need a little bit of help I think to actually get me there.

Running shoes going back on tomorrow so hopefully I will start to see a difference especially if I follow the plan on here which looks like the most sensible I've seen!

Thanks again for your reply - much appreciated!

• Join us on the Tortoise and Hare Running Challenge Thread, where we runners, keep each other motivated.

I shall be posting a new one shortly and you would be very welcome :)

• Oh that's great, will do! I have the Alloa Half Marathon in March before the Stirling Marathon in May so really need to get started now and get my fitness levels back up. Only the small matter of getting the asthma in control and for my insulin pump to stay attached to me during the training runs...that is the hard part! :)

• How much weight are you speaking of? MoreLess has great guides for you for the Thread enjoy

• I have about 1 1/2 stones to lose which might not seem a lot but for me it takes an eternity to lose even a little bit. However, back training tomorrow so I'm hoping this along with really watching what I eat will make a big difference...here's hoping!

• Shivie, do you tape your insulin pump and wear a belt or wrap they sell them on Amazon to secure? Any weight one counts as extra an matters to them counts, it's your goal. You'll find the support get involved in the groups that have been suggested by MoreLess. Good luck with returning to training, only positive thoughts!

• Hi, I can fix the pump ok the problem is the adhesive of the infusion set - depending on where I place it, it has a tendency to unstick. If it's a short run that's fine but the longer training runs are harder to get right at the moment. The last marathon I did I was on insulin injections so this is quite a big change. Just need to get out and practice to see what works. Apparently Boots sells a stronger adhesive that works ok with the infusion set so I might see if I can try that. Just so many things to organise before I even get to the point of putting my trainers on!!

• I'm Type 1 myself and have highly thought of using the pump. I know people that swim with theirs. They also add extra tape. Friends that run use the belt around their stomachs to hold pump and equipment in place. It has a front pocket. Check Amazon for I have seen them located on-line. You'll be up and running very soon!

You may also like...