A very slow but enjoyable trail run

Well , when I started running last March I decided with a few friends to sign up to a 10 k trail run in consiston in the Lake District . HOwever this was pre pace maker , and obviously this got in the way of my progress a little

TOday was the day of the run , and we decided to go for it , slowly in the knowledge that someone had to be at the back !

The weather was perfect , sunny about 13 degrees , the crowd brilliant , and the body willing .

We were slow but not last , the 10 k started with 3 k up, some flat and then back down, the last bit running through a thigh deep river , and lots of mud. It took 1 hr 35

I had such a fantastic morning , I so loved it .It was well organised and attended :-)

We then had lunch sitting at the side of consiston water

A perfect day πŸ˜€πŸ‘£πŸŒ

10 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Well done Mollydex. A BIG WELL DONE.πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ you have achieved your goal you must feel very proud of yourself. A perfect end to a perfect day. Thank you for the story. Fantastic ☺

• Congratulations and a big achievement! Lovely read, thanks for sharing πŸ’•

• Well done, a great achievement and lovely that you had such an enjoyable day!

• Hi Mollydex,

Glad you enjoyed what turned out to be the Perfect Day, and many Congratulations on achieving your 10k. Wow, fantastic time!!! :-)

Lowcal :-)

• Sounds like a very special day 😊 Very well done πŸ˜ŠπŸŽ‰πŸ‘πŸŽˆπŸ˜Š

• Well done Mollydex on completing your 10k run that's brilliant.

• Thanks everyone . I would never have even know it was possible without this wonderful forum and all you lovely people :-)

• That sounds fantastic Mollydex and not slow at all! I take that long to complete a normal 10K, without rivers! Well done you! I'm seriously impressed! :)

• Well done a great achievement how proud and elated you must feel.

• That's an amazing achievement well done you!! It's hard enough on the flat without hills and rivers! Glad you really enjoyed it too, great write up... sounds a fantastic day πŸ˜„

You may also like...