Roller-coaster of a week

After the brilliant news last week that we are going to be grandparents, this week I received the somewhat disconcerting news that the histology report after my recent hysterectomy has detected abnormal cells, indicative of "low grade cancer". The surgeon is confident of having removed the uterus intact and this will hopefully be the end of the story. My case will be discussed at a multi disciplinary meeting next week pending further tests from the oncologist. So yet more waiting. :-/

On the plus side he cleared me for driving, swimming etc, and said how much easier it was to do the surgery because I wasn't overweight! So I celebrated with a slightly longer dog walk this morning :-) Eating wise, I have had 6 good days out of 9, so am trying to focus on that, and ignore the over indulgence of the weekend :-/

Onwards and downwards :-)

20 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Hi Anna

Fingers crossed your results are fine and no further intervention is necessary.

I bet it does feel good to be back exercising and driving. πŸ‘

6 days out of 9 is good when your in recovery. Don't be hard on yourself. Gentle strokes.

Have a good day ☺

• Wishing everything goes well for you Anna61.

Many congratulations on the news that you are a Grandparent to be. Xx

• Focus on the surgeon's confidence Anna, I'm sure everything will be absolutely fine :)

Well done you for making it easier for the surgeon to chop you up, by being a skinny minnie! :o ;)

Goodness me, if you can't relax a little at the weekend, then when can you! You're doing brilliantly and I'll challenge anyone that says differently, including you! ;)

Enjoy being able to do more, but don't go overboard, you have a lifetime ahead of you :)

• Wishing you the very best

• I am crossing my fingers that your surgeon is right and that getting the uterus out so promptly has stopped any cancer forming in its tracks.

Well done on doing so well diet-wise since your surgery, you deserve the odd treat here and there and congratulations on being given the OK to drive and swim again! :)

• What wonderful news that you are to be grandparents. It's a truly happy blessing. You can overindulge, spoil, do what you like when you're a grandparent as its expected. It's so much fun.

I hope all will be ok with your results you're doing so well. Keep your chin up you've been so positive up to now. Keep walking. Lots of love ❀️

• Congratulations on the baby front you will truly be able to spoil the little one when they arrive.🍼

I am sure the confidence your surgeon has given you will be the good news you will have after your wait is over.

Good news for you being able to drive again it will give you more independence so you can hit Mothercare etc.

Hope your wait isn't long from the hospital so you will be able to have peace of mind. 😊

Best wishes Bev

• Here's looking for good news for you.

Well done you for managing to keep to your plan for six days. And for the compliment from your surgeon.

Enjoy being able to drive and swim again

• Hi Anna 61

Hope all goes well,thinking if you.

• Congratulations on the grandparent news! πŸŽ‰πŸŽˆ

Hoping everything goes well for you on the health front πŸ’œ

• Hi Anna 61 hope all goes well congratulations on becoming a grand parent xxx

• Hi Anna,

Hopefully things will go well - it's great that the surgeon is confident of having removed your uterus intact. I know you've got more waiting, but I really hope the results will be ok for you. I hope the outcome of the meeting next week will be a good one. There is every chance that it will be fine, and no further intervention will be necessary. Fingers crossed!

At least you can enjoy some swimming, and drive again now - and your weight loss enhanced the surgeon's ability to do your surgery. Glad you enjoyed a slightly longer walk with your lovely dog this morning.

Good idea to ignore the weekend - and focus on the 6 great days you had.

Onwards and downwards, and wishing you a really good week.

Lowcal :-)

• Thank you so much everyone ❀️ I'm determined to keep positive until I hear otherwise 😊😊😊

• Oh Anna what mixed emotions for you. Hopefully the surgeons's confidence will stop you worrying too much and the sooner you get the results of the tests the better! Sending big hugs and positive thoughts πŸ’•πŸ’•

• Congratulations on becoming a grandparent, happy times ahead! Hopefully you won’t have to wait too long for the results, fingers crossed for you anyway.

• Hope all goes well for you Anna and congratulations on becoming a grandparent :)

• Thank you Sailsalot and E1l2v3i4s5 but I'm not actually a granny yet, baby due next March 😁

• Hi Anna61 πŸ˜€ fantastic news about you becoming grandparents soon πŸ’–

Fingers crossed your results are fine and you don't need any more treatment. He seems fairly confident he got it all out so keep strong and enjoy having your independence back πŸš—πŸŠπŸΆ

Good luck and let us know how you get on xx

• Hi anna61 just seen your post sorry that you had the bad news after the good. It's good that your surgeon was so prompt I know the waiting is hard but just concentrate on getting better and just think what you have to look forward to a grandchild wonderful.Good luck with the results thinking of you. πŸ’πŸ‘

• Thank you 😊

You may also like...