Challenge - Walk to Mordor and back!

Challenge - Walk to Mordor and back!

Who likes Lord of the rings?

I am starting a walking challenge, and I was wondering if there were any of you that wished to join me!

So the plan is to walk from Hobbiton to Mount doom. We then destroy the one ring and get carried to Minas Tirith by giant eagles. Then we walk back to Bag End in Hobbiton!

So, the break down is thus:

Hobbiton to Rivendell: 458 Miles

Rivendell to Lothlorien (Through Moria, beware the Orcs!): 462 Miles

Lothlorien to Anduin and the Rauros Falls: 389 Miles

Rauros to Mt Doom: 470 Miles

We destroyed the one ring and would have travelled 1779 Miles!

Then we gotta journey back:

Minas Tirith to Isengard: 535 Miles

Isengard to Rivendell: 693 Miles

Rivendell to Bag End: 397 Miles

So the total journey comes to: 3350 Miles.

I plan to do about 5 to 6 miles a day which means it could take up to 558 days to complete this! But I think its a good long term goal for myself, and I would like to know who's with me!

I have a spreadsheet which will allow me to input everyone's miles, and create a little leader board.

My plan will be to create a new post each week where people (if they wanna join) can post their miles/km and I'll jot it down. You can post in either Miles or KM it wont matter :)

Good luck everyone!

Don't forget to follow me if you want to take part, that way you'll wont miss the weekly update posts!

The fellowship currently consists of:

Quinntuppance (me :D )

Geekydee

Anna61

E1l2v3i4s5

Marylou54

Eveningart

MissisB

Tidirhin2548

Last edited by

30 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Best post ever. 😊

• You joining in albinohedgehog? :D

• I'd like to but hardly do any walking due to chronic fatigue syndrome. I'm starting yoga soon with a teacher but I don't think that's going to help you get to Mordor lol. I can cheer you on tho! X

• I'll play :) When are you starting?

• I am starting today! Make sure to follow me so you get updates when I post about the Mordor challenge ^^

• It certainly sounds as though you're going on an adventure. Don't stray off the road.

• It's a dangerous business going out of your front door 😊

• Indeed it is. There's talk of strange folk abroad.

• Yay 😊 I'm in!! But I've only got little legs!! Lol 😊

• Me too Anna, I remember when I bought a new pedometer and set it to my stride length, then was so disappointed when I realised how much less distance I covered than a long legged person for the same number of steps!!

• Its okay, I have little legs too!! We can be team short bus :D Make sure to follow me so you get updates when I post about the Mordor challenge ^^

• Hi sounds fun count me in please :)

• Wonderful! Make sure to start counting today! Make sure to follow me so you get updates when I post about the Mordor challenge ^^

• Ok will do :)

• Someone told me that the planets are saying that my heart should be open to new challenges - and this certainly is a challenge so I am going to join your little company. :-) We'll see how far I get with my (also) little legs! When do we set off?

• We all seem to have little legs! We're hobbits afterall! We set off today. So start counting :D

• Okay - have got a gismo that I haven't set up so this has to be the right moment! (Not very tech minded but need to seize the moment) Hail to other fellow travellers - journey of a thousand miles (or in this case 3350) begins with the first step.....

• Make sure to follow me so you get updates when I post about the Mordor challenge ^^

• Done that already!

• This is SUCH a great challenge! I'd love to take part- yes please :) When are you planning on setting off?

• I am setting off today. So be sure to start counting :D Make sure to follow me so you get updates when I post about the Mordor challenge ^^

• Sounds fun. I'm in. Thank you. :)

• Start counting, we start today! :D Make sure to follow me so you get updates when I post about the Mordor challenge ^^

• This is a fun post. Count me in! But I don't have a pedometer yet.

• I don't either- I'm going to have to use my phone gps on walks to start with!

• Don't worry, you can use your phone and a running app to measure the distances! Enjoy! Make sure to follow me so you get updates when I post about the Mordor challenge ^^

• Looks as if I have walked 0.73 miles so far today. Better get my little paws going.

• Its okay, I've only done 0.6miles so far today, but I will do most of my walking in the evening after work :)

• Brilliant idea. I wear a Fitbit so I can accurately record weekly distances. Looking forward to it.

• Hello! May I join in!

You may also like...