Sweet potato for supper

First time I have baked a sweet potato at home. Had it with lightly fried mushrooms and courgette and 25g grated cheddar. Also tried a dollop of onion and chive cottage cheese for the first time, only to discover I LOVE it!

Overall I think I find sweet potatoes quite a strong flavour so I'd prefer them on the side or ideally as an ingredient on something. Still, a healthy supper!

8 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Good evening, sweet potato fries are a good replacement for chips, you can bake in the oven with little olive oil.

I have also used them as the topping for shepherds pie or sausage and mash.

• I love sweet potato fries so that's definitely one to try. Thanks. :-)

• Hi Ruby8 😀 I love my sweet potato peeled and chopped up into bite sized pieces and roasted in the oven for 30mins with a little oil answer pepper. Or mashed with a little butter and topped on a cottage pie ... yummy !!

• Nice veggie dinner! X

• I tried to upload a pic as it was one of my more photogenic suppers, but my windows phone just wouldn't oblige!

• Oh Ruby8 SNAP - I also had sweet potatoes for dinner tonight. I baked them in their jackets in the microwave, then topped them with low fat cottage cheese and pineapple. My mouth is watering now at the memory, very tasty! 😋

Mouse 🐭

• I steam my sweet potato in their skin then scoop them out, lovely as a healthy mash no butter needed, delicious.

• Great tip dramagroup, thank you!

You may also like...