Is anyone here following the BHF plan?

Someone one here recommended this plan which I think I would follow better (once I have digested the info!)

I don't want to count calories as I know I will become too obsessed with it.

Is anyone else following that plan?

13 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Hi Dgaidge,

I'm not specifically following that plan, but I do think it looks really good. A great resource. It's nice to see the portion sizes demonstrated, very helpful.

Good luck with your weight loss goals, and keep us posted on how you're getting on. Maybe join our Monday group weigh-in session if you're interested, it's a supportive and friendly group.

Lowcal :-)

• Sounds good, what is the Monday weigh in session please?

• Hi Dgaidge,

The morning session is posted by 6.30am on Mondays, and the Afternoon/Evening session is posted at approx midday (but sometimes earlier if the thread is glitchy or slow - which does happen occasionally).

If you click on follow and my name (Lowcal) and also moreless then you would be notified of when we post it - as we will be alternating the posting of the Monday weigh-in week by week. I am going to be writing an update thread about this later today, to inform everyone of that fact, as it is a recent change.

It would be great to have you on board with us. If you want to see the latest thread, then look in the Events section - that is another way to find the thread, as we always post it there so that the most current thread is in that section.

Have a great week.

Lowcal :-)

• Link won't work for me πŸ˜•

• me neither

• Hello again, glad you found the plan and like it 😊 I find it really easy to follow, either at home or when I'm away 😊 My weight loss was good, 2 1/2 stone in 8 months, 😊 I am recently having a few health issues and enforced minimal exercise but am maintaining (actually losing but very slowly) easily on the plan 😊

There is a similar NHS plan that Caz28 posted a link to but I can't find it πŸ˜•

Good luck!

• do you mean the Healthy Eating Plate Anna61 ?

• No, thought you shared a link to another plan where you could eat more portions dependent upon how much weight you had to lose . . . πŸ˜• I've saved the link on my iPad will look it out 😊

• ok, but I don't think it was me.....

• Hi Dgaidge I am not sure I believe in coincidences, but, last night I ran off a copy of the BHF Plan. On the one hand, I am following through all the good advice and ideas in the NHS 12 week plan, but for me, whilst I can calorie count, I know that my life can be a little too unpredictable to manage this all the time. Counting portions on the other hand, and having the portion sizes clearly defined, means that it doesn't matter whether I am at home, work, or away, I can just keep a track of those - and of course can save up one or two portions for special occasions if needed. I have also used the NHS calculator to work out how many calories I should be eating, and again, this works for me with the BHF plan. To me it's about moving to a totally healthier way of eating, controlling portion sizes, and having a guide to healthy eating for life.

I been thinking about my hand to mouth relationship since 22nd July, and I have certainly noticed a difference. I will be implementing the BHF plan on Friday (eating plans starting on Fridays work best for me - no idea why, but if it works, I don't change it!) so look forward to hearing how you get on.

• never heard of this plan. will look it up. no matter what plan you follow, best of luck

You may also like...