Am I losing too much weight?😕

Last week i decided to go on a diet. I am 5,5 and when I started I was 130 pounds. That is seen as a healthy weight but I still looked a bit chubby around my thighs and bum. So I started cutting down on junkfood and snacking. I eat three meals a day and I never feel hungry. I stepped on the scales today (it's been a week since I started the diet) and I now weigh 116! That's almost a stone! I don't think I should be losing that much. I feel constantly dizzy and tired and just horrible..is it because I'm losing weight too fast?

Skip

Featured Content

New feature! Take your needs assessment

Recognise and address unmet needs that are potentially affecting your health and wellbeing

Get your report

Featured by HealthUnlocked

Join the NHS Weight Loss Plan

Join over 40,000 others on our 12-week diet and exercise plan. Keep motivated to develop healthier eating habits & get more active.

Get Started!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • That doesn't sound right at all! What are you eating and drinking each day. Are you exercising too? If you are feeling dizzy and tired then I would make an appointment with your GP and get checked out and some advice on your diet in general.

• Cutting out junk food and snacking shouldn't leave you feeling dizzy and tired. Are you sure you are eating enough? Are you drinking enough water?

A check up with your GP may be a good idea if this carries on.

• I think I am eating enough and I drink a lot of water too, so I'm not too sure what's going on 😕thank you for your advice and I will definitely be going to my GP if this continues

• Tiredness and dizziness can caused by many things, definitely see you GP 😊

• You've had good advice above. You dont say how old you are or how tall, or how active , but I'd guess "eating enough" should definitely not be less than 1400 calories so if it is less than that you're probably missing out on vital minerals/vitamins.

You may also like...