Just starting out

Hi everyone, I've just signed up for this today and am hoping it helps me find the inspiration to lose weight, get fitter and generally feel more postive about myself by looking after myself a bit better.

I'm not setting any weight loss goals but am going to try to follow the Couch to 5K and the Weight Loss NHS 12 week plan and see where it takes me. I've found in the past that if I set too many goals then I inevitably fail, so I'm trying a new approach for mee, just eat better and exercise more and see what happens :)

7 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Sounds like a fantastic idea. I find using a calorie counting app really helps too (myfitnesspal). It's an eye opener at first that's for sure. You deserve a healthy life. You can do it x x

• I've just downloaded the app, thanks for the advice, I think I'll proabably shock myself with some of the values! I've just found out that the avocado I had with lunch is 210 calories so I may have to eat them in moderation, even though they are really lovely, yum.

• Hi, great attitude! The 12 week plan does work but it's best not to worry too much about the scales, just about eating healthily and getting fitter. It's a good idea to take your measurements when you start as sometimes inches are lost even though the scales aren't too obliging! Good luck!

• I've just taken waist, boobs and hip measurements and I think I'm with you, I want to see these shrink probably more than I want to see anything different on the scales, although I can't lie that I wouldn't want to see a reduction there too! Thank you for the post :)

• Hi and welcome Sayer68 :)

It sounds as if you're in exactly the right headspace, to be extremely successful! :)

Take a look at the Pinned Posts section, to the right of your screen (bottom, if you're using a mobile) and have a look at the Welcome Newbies thread, it has a link to the NHS 12 week plan, which is a guide to healthy living, rather that a specific diet plan.

Consider joining any, or all, of our challenges, as they're fun and motivating.

Join us for the monday group weigh-in. If you follow Lowcal , you'll be notified when she posts the thread. However, the latest thread can always be found in the events section, to the right of the home page.

Be active on the forum, as that's where we exchange ideas and get our daily dose of motivation and inspiration :)

Wishing you all the very best :)

• Thank you, I've followed Lowcal as you suggest, although I'm not sure Mondays are a good weigh-in day for me :). Where do I find the challenges?

• That's why they're held on a monday, so that we don't go too much off the rails at the weekend :D

All the challenges are in the Pinned Posts section, under the Welcome Newbie thread :)

You may also like...