First 12 weeks -New me

Well folks that's me successfully completed my first 12 weeks. It's brought about some big changes in my life. At the start I was 436 pounds or 31 stone 2 pounds and today I've weighed in at 393 pounds or 28 stone 1 pound. So 43 pounds lost and a very good start and hope for the future.

I've been motivated and my will power remains strong. My immediate next goal is to break into the next stone which I should do next week. I go on holiday 3 weeks today and I don't want to be putting my hand up for a seatbelt extender. Although I'm on an all inclusive deal I'm not going to go food daft. Will take advantage of their fab fruit and will record everything.

My plan from now is to keep doing what I'm doing. No pressure to lose big chunks of weight and no distant targets. I'm just going to chip away at this weight week by week and see where I am at the turn of the year.

How do I feel after losing 3 stone, well the breathlessness has gone. I love walking and have walked over 500 miles in the last 12 weeks. I haven't seen a difference in the mirror yet but a couple of folk at work have so I'm happy with that. My clothes are looser that's for sure and no more aching bones. I have joined the gym at work and worn out their treadmill. I'm moving onto weights this week.

Thanks to everyone for their support and words of encouragement. This is a truly inspiring and supportive forum and great to be a part of. I look forward to sharing my journey with you in the months ahead.

Kenny

35 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Very well done Kenny25 πŸ˜ŠπŸŽ‰πŸ˜Š you have lost 10% of your body weight, proven to improve overall health 😊 Your post has brightened my morning, I'm so happy for you 😊 Have a lovely holiday 😊😊😊

• Thank You. I don't feel scared of walking up the hills on my holiday now.

• That's great news 😊 It's a wonderful feeling isn't it? Here's to the next 10% 😊😊😊

• Fantastic stuff Kenny!!! Go you! Guess you're gunna need some new holiday clothes now. Wooop. Super stuff x x

• I have just ordered some new clothes online. Thanks for your kind words.

• Well done fab result.πŸ‘ Good it is having a marked difference on your health. Enjoy your holiday. ☺

• Thank you for your encouragement.

• Well done Kenny - brilliant update 😊

• Thank you

• Congratulations, Kenny. It's such a boost when others notice. Ignore the mirror and go with the scales. I really mean that. My daughter once lost 7 stone but her mindset would not let her see that in the mirror. She still saw her former self. Good luck with reading that next goal.

• Thank you. You are right.

• Fantastic! You've obviously done so much to improve your health in the first twelve weeks. Good luck with the next phase -- continued success!

• Thank You

• well done

• That's fantastic Kenny! Here's to the next 10% :)

• This is a fantastic post Kenny! You've worked hard for 12 weeks and are now reaping the rewards! It's not always about the numbers, it's the little things that most people take for granted, that are the big markers. As you say, not getting breathless and not needing a seat belt extension :)

The world's your lobster now, so keep up the good work and see what other benefits you'll achieve! :)

Onwards and downwards! :)

• Kenny25 what a super post I am so pleased you have made such wonderful progress. I know you be in the 27s next week and just imagine where you could be by the New Year - steady and resolute will see us all fit and healthy!

• Thanks very much.

• Well done Kenny - you're an inspiration. Keep it up !

• Thank you

• Well done Kenny25 that is great news . Have a lovely holiday πŸ™‚

• I will thank you.

• Very well done Kenny! πŸ˜‰ how do you find the will power and the strength /motivation to keep going?

Just can't find it at all! 😞😒

• Thank you. I know that my weight is linked to my mood and my mental wellbeing. I physically feel better and have a lot more energy now compared to 3 months ago and I'm in a happier place. I'm not a success story yet but I've had a good solid start. I don't look too far ahead as I have so much still to lose. My desire to look and feel better outweighs my cravings for foods that I know will put weight on. Just take one day at a time, don't beat yourself up if you have a blip. Join a class if you need extra motivation. You can do it.

• Wow. Such a positive, inspiring message @Kenny25. I am so looking forward to hearing more from you.

• Thank you for your kind words

• You are welcome - but you deserve them - you have obviously worked really hard, and have a wonderful attitude. Enjoy your holiday.

• Well done. Sounds like 12cweek plan really worked for you :-) Just at beginning now....

• Thank you. It has been strange doing it myself as before I've always gone to a slimming club but this forum provides great support. Good luck to you.

• Well done, Kenny. You deserve it. You are a fantastic support and inspiration to others.πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

• That is so kind. Thank you.

• Well, truly fantastic. I'm really impressed and happy for you!

• Hi Kenny,

It is really inspiring to read your progress - and many many Congratulations on losing 43 pounds - wow! Seeing all the great changes you have highlighted is really motivating, and I'd like to wish you success with your weights work this week. Glad you haven't got any aching bones anymore, and all those miles walked - incredible!

Looking forward to hearing more about your ongoing journey, and really glad you're sharing it with us.

Have a great week ahead.

Lowcal :-)

• Well done Kenny, your story is inspiring and helps people like me who too have a lot of weight to lose. Nice to hear that after losing 3 stone your health is feeling the benefits with the breathlessness gone. I'm like you with regards to the walking, love it. At the start of this year I struggled to walk across my living room as I was still recovering from 2 knee replacements, now I'm about to do the "Walk all over cancer" in September. Good luck with your weight loss and have a good week.

Rose

• Massive well done Kenny! I totally understand about the breathlessness and the aching bones! What a relief it is to not be in pain anymore and just feel a lot more lighter on my feet! I am going to remember this post and your achievements to keep me motivated this week! :)

You may also like...