The resilience of the human body

I'm 60 hours post operative after a hysterectomy and feeling good 😊 Convinced that losing weight and building up my fitness has paid dividends 😊 Also keeping my weight stable and muscle strength during the last six weeks of ill health 😊

Post operatively I have worked hard to get walking up and down the (very long) hospital corridor πŸ‘Ÿ And sorry if it TMI but the prunes and orange juice are also doing the trick thank you moreless for the suggestion!!

Feeling hopeful 😊 Happy Sunday people 😊

26 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • I am very happy you are healing well and are feeling the benefits of a healthy lifestyle! That's wonderful news. :)

Sazkia x

• Pleased to hear your feeling and doing well :)

• Hi Anna, I am so pleased the op went well and you are so positive the worst is over upwards only for you now. πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’

Yes you are right your past effoerts will have paid a huge part in your recovery now, so you did well girl!πŸ‘

I remember the post op loo problem till my dad bought me some apple pie in, then I wish I had only eaten half of it LOL!🍏🍏🍏

Happy Sunday to you too, you will soon be home, don't overdo it, let people look after you a little and good luck for a speedy recovery.😊 Bev x

• Happy recovery !

• Prunes and orange juice are good - also drink loads of water lots of little sips mind no gulping that will help keep everything moving along. Glad you are safely through it Anna61 and able to walk about that's really good going but don't get too tired. Speedy recovery....

• Make sure not to overdo things, Anna, hope the recovery goes well. Fitness and muscle strength will pay dividends for your recovery.

I second prunes as being a really good idea on some occasions! I've also found that a course of probiotic supplements will often help get everything working as it should.

• 😊 so pleased you sound so positive and all your efforts leading up to the op have helped, wishing you a very speedy recovery x

• Hi Anna,

So pleased to hear your surgery has gone well, here's to a perfect recovery πŸ’

I do think you are right, all that hard work getting fitter and healthier has paid offπŸ˜ƒ

Take it easy though there's still a bit of recovery to do ! Hope you are home soon.

Best wishes

πŸ˜‡

• Thank you 😊 I feel so good but by 4 pm I'm just shattered!! So going with my body and having a lie down 😊 Super duper hospital beds are very comfy 😊😊😊

• I seconds the beds !! Was an inpatient a few weeks ago and never slept so well !

πŸ˜‡

• I know . . . Want to take it home 😊

• Bless you Anna,

Feeling so pleased for you that operation went good and you are feeling so positive.

Well done for being brave.

Very soon you will be normal.

Take care oyourself.

Awan.

• So I wonder how many pounds lighter are you now? I bet they took out at least 2.....? Glad you are recovering well and hope you can enjoy life more now.

• Oh yes, at least two stone . . . Lol πŸ˜‚ Hehehe

• All the best for a speedy recovery! X🌻🌻🌻

• Hello Anna wishing you a speedy recovery from your op

You are an inspiration

All the very best keep us all posted πŸ’•πŸ˜€

• Best wishes Anna. Take care πŸ’œ

• So happy your doing well in your recovery Anna61 πŸ˜€πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ’—

• Well done Anna61 really pleased you are doing so well. I have no doubt all the work you've put in to losing weight and getting fitter is aiding your recovery. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. I look forward to reading about it. Well done again for being so positive xx

• I can't tell you how happy I am that you've come through your op well, Anna and that the prunes are doing the trick! ;)

Thanks for the update, I hope we shall be hearing lots from you as you recover and that your recovery is swift and pain-free :)

• Good to hear Anna. I hope you have a speedy recovery. Great that you are up and about already!

• Anna so glad it all went well.Hope you get home soon.

• I'm so pleased that you are doing so well Anna . I am sure being as fit as you can be pre op makes such a difference . Make sure you recover well , don't overdo it and enjoy what you do

• I am glad you are on the mend now Anna - long may it continue and here's to improved health for the future!

• Thank you everyone 😊 Feeling a bit more battered and bruised today but nothing major 😊 Walking continues to give me relief from wind and sore abdomen and just feels good 😊 Having no nausea post operatively has made a massive difference as it means my IBS hasn't flared up 😊 All in all things are looking positive 😊 Just need to wait 10 days for laboratory analysis but surgeon not worried 😊

• Glad to hear that everything's progressing nicely Anna and hope that you're feeling less battered soon :)

I'm sure that your lab results are going to be just fine and that you have nothing to worry about :)

Stay strong and keep strolling along :)