Here's the thing

Although I still succumbe to the temptation of a biscuit, I'm fine all day and manage to keep pretty much to the calories. I pleased to say I'm exercising again after knee injury although not as active as before.

But here's the thing: I hate being alone in the evenings and binge🍰🍫. It's not his fault he has to work I just get so down watching freeview.

Any suggestions?

6 Replies

• Hi I can sympathise with the evening temptations this is where I would cave in as I am ok till about 7pm. At the moment though managing to stop myself being tempted by logging on here and looking at posts for encouragement.

I do something to keep my mind off food I enjoy craft work so will start a project or I decide to do some work in the house clearing out cupboards, wardrobes ( my house has never been more organised) at the moment I am redoing part of the garden while the nights are lighter.

There is nothing wrong in having a snack at night but make sure it is good for you and not rubbish, be prepared make a few chopped veg to have with a low cal dip, I find peeling a grapefruit or orange to remove pith takes time before you eat it, podded peas also help whiles sitting watching TV.

I just ask myself I am in my situation for a reason and the reason I am here is because I used the wrong food as a crutch over he past few horrible years in my life and I now want to feel better and healthier and that same food won't help me anymore so I have a choice eat it and be miserable or change and get control of my life back to look for a better lifestyle.

It may sound strange but if I am tempted I sometimes pick up a pen and write in my diary how I feel, after I have written it down and looked back on my previous notes the feeling has usually passed.

I spent many hours 24/7 when my husband was working away or long days when my kids were young and I hated him for it, I felt like I had been cast adrift on my own to cope and used food as comfort, I wish I had felt like I do now then maybe life would have been happier.

I hope you can think of things that will keep you busy whilst your partner is at work I have done alsorts from dress making, tapestry, card making, knitting and crochet. As it is getting towards Christmas now I will make little gifts for family members to keep me busy when the nights get darker. I am sure if you google things to make you will find something enjoyable and constructive to do and the look on someone's face when they receive a handmade gift is lovely to see. Maybe something for your partner you can do for a Christmas gift.

Good Luck I hope you manage to stay on track and make better evening food choices. Bev 👍😊

• Why not try some adult colouring in books of an evening

Might work just a thought , or invite some friends over but no nibbles and play cards or manopoly or some other games

Hope this help but not always easy to do xx

• Just come on here and chat to us Ceriandblue :)

I have an 8pm cut off - nothing to eat after that and I don't snack as a general rule. Make sure you're eating food that fills you up, then stick to the rules! :)

My husband has always worked either away, or on shifts, so I've spent many, many evenings alone. I used to use food to fill the gap, but realise now that it doesn't work. It works for a few seconds, then you're left with feelings of guilt and excess pounds.

If you're lonely/bored, post a thread and if I'm around, which I normally am, I'll chat to you and I'm sure many others will too :)

You can do this and we can help :)

• Many of us struggle with this, coming on here really helps 😊 Good luck

• As the tv show used to say ... just switch off your television set and go out and do something less boring instead :) A gentle walk around the block? Head to the swimming pool for a few laps? Take up a craft that requires concentration?

• Can you knit ?? I bought some Pom Pom wool and doing a very simple baby blanket! I'm slow but it stops me snacking 😃

You may also like...