More good news, into the sixties 😊

After a roller coaster of a month including post holiday weight gain, health crisis and hospital appointments, I am delighted to say that I am finally into the sixties, weight this morning 68.9 kilos (10 stone 12) my lowest weight since I fell pregnant in 1994 😊

BMI 28 😊 17.1 kilos lost since August last year. 😊 More to the point, I am not hungry, I enjoy my food, and (recent health problems aside) I feel 20 years younger. 😊

To any one starting out, if I can do this so can you! I was a serial "yo yo dieter" who though I would be overweight for life. 😊 Give it a go, it is so worth it! πŸ˜ŠπŸŽ‰πŸ˜Š

15 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Hi Anna,

Many Congratulations on getting into the 60's, that is phenomenal, and I am really happy that you're the lowest weight you've been since 1994!!! Wow!!! Feeling 20 years younger too - what a great result! :-)

You've had such a lot on your plate in terms of your health crisis, hospital appointments etc, and I am so glad that the outcome is so positive - such great news that your test results are clear (I was just reading your Re-boot Reflection post for Week 6).

Very inspiring post, and I hope you have another wonderful week ahead.

Lowcal :-)

• Yeah!!!πŸ‘πŸ˜Š Many congratulations on your weight loss you must be feeling amazing and so you should 🍾 Enjoy the new you best wishes Bev

• Pleased for you that you are into the 60's. Great story and glad you feel younger! :)

• You are truly an inspiration, Anna - well done!

• Well done. You deserve to feel very pleased with yourself !

• So pleased for you Anna.You so deserve this news after the last few weeks.You are an inspiration to us all.Cx

• The first post read of my day. And what a doozie. Thanks for sharing your "status report", Anna61. It's great when it all comes together and we know that a lot of it we have done for ourselves. (Because we finally had time for ourselves!) Thanks also for translating the kilos into "old money" for those of us who are still imperially challenged. I know what a kilo is very clearly, but my 1950's brain hasn't had the update. That means that it doesn't recognise the significance of 68.9k whereas 10st 12 gives me a picture in my head. The BMI is the same for me, another measurement I always have to refer back to on the tables.

The elephant in the room in my head is the one asking me how much further you want to go. Do you have a goal weight? Do you have a goal BMI? I know we sometimes don't know where we have to be. But do you know where you want to be?

I am loving the 20 years younger too. That is exactly how I feel, except I am not sure that my 40's were this great! Had to go to work then, for a start. And although I enjoyed my job as a job, it is not the same as getting to play and play all day which the leisure of retirement is giving me.

So thanks for all the news but where to next?

Venus

• Morning Venusflytrap

Thank you for your reply, 😊 Interesting that you ask "what now?" as I was recently reading some of the targets I set myself when I started and one was "follow plan for 6 months" which I have done 😊 And get my BMI below 30. I would also like to get my waist under 30 but think I need to wait until after the hysterectomy for that to happen!! Lol 😊

So The plan is to carry on as I am eating wise, I am enjoying my food and managing portion size. 😊 Hoping the weight will continue to come down. NHS guidelines suggest a weight between 45-61 kilo, or under 9 stone, but I think that is a little low. In the past I have been that weight but never for more than a few weeks. I would like to be a comfortable size 14 top, (currently a snug 16) and under 10 stone, but I'm not beating myself up. When the weight stops coming off I shall continue to exercise and just work strongly towards maintaining. I read recently that the hormone Grehlin (sp?) needs up to 6 months to adjust to the new weight and the longer you stay at a certain weight the easier it is to maintain.

Until I came on this forum I didn't know anyone who had lost weight and maintained it πŸ˜• It us so very encouraging to hear the inspiring success stories 😊😊😊

Thank you everyone for the good wishes and support, onwards and downwards 😊

• Wow well done anna on your achievement x

• Well done! Congratulations πŸŽ‰

• Hi Anna61 for some strange reason I missed this post first time around? but having been directed to it by your mention on the Monday weigh in post I just wanted to add my congratulations! Really well done and hope your health issues get sorted soon x

• Thank you 😊 Two weeks to surgery all being well! Eeeek 😊

• Well done @anna61, a great achievement especially after the things you have had to cope with recently, good luck with the surgery. On the subject of target weight -my healthy weight range on the NHS chart and BMI calculator is between 45kg and 62kg, just over 7stone to just under 10 stone, that is quite a range! The last time I was 7stone something I was about 15 and I know I would look too thin at that weight now, so I aimed for a healthy BMI of 25 initially, slightly below that now, but it is still at the top end of the healthy range, looks and feels about right though for me, which is all that matters really :) Doing my best to maintain now, so far, so good.

• Thank you Sailsalot 😊 And very encouraging that you are maintaining, that's a real achievement! 😊

• well done!

You may also like...