Hi everyone

Just dropping in to say hi.

We're about 3 weeks into Ramadan so just over a week to go.

My weight's been fluctuating- very hard to get an accurate reading when you're fasting for so many hours, but I've been eating way over my allowance to keep me going through 19 hours. I don't mind if I've gained slightly, but I'm hoping the damage shouldn't be more than 3-4 pounds once the month's finished.

Anyway, how are you all doing? I've missed my online buddies! 😊

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi Isou7000,

Hi to you too! :-) I hope things are going well for you with your fasting for Ramadan. I know you have mentioned that your weight has been fluctuating, and probably more than usual, as a result of your fasting. Like you say, it doesn't matter if you've gained slightly - and you can easily get back on track when the month's finished.

I have been over-eating this past week, as I've had period pains and other stresses, but I am feeling better now, and I'm definitely going to focus on getting back on track again this week - I need to face tomorrow's Monday group weigh-in head on, and then take action to repair any damage - I already know I'll have gained weight tomorrow, as this weekend I have gone 'massively' over my calorie allowance - but I really hope to be back on track next week, and hopefully can get things back again - to feel more in control again.

Good luck, and have a great week yourself! Enjoy the weekend.

Lowcal :-)

• Between the ages of 14 and when I got pregnant with my first child at 29, I suffered from terrible periods. In fact they were so debilitating that for the first day of every cycle, I couldn't even get out of bed. They used to make me vomit and I couldn't even keep water down. After I had my children, the pain stopped, probably to do with hormones I guess, and I also discovered I have PCOS which may have contributed to it.

When I think back now, I probably should have sought treatment for it. So I can completely understand your agony. How horrible 😕 Do you take anything for it?

I used to just curl up in bed with a hot water bottle and waited until the cramps passed.

Thanks for responding. Take care 😊

• Hi Isou,

You poor thing, suffering from period pains for such a long time! Usually mine is only bad for the first day, but last week it lasted longer - I do take Ponstan pain relief for it - but probably didn't take it sufficiently last week.

I am much better now of course, and looking forward to a better week ahead. I would like to wish you a great week too!

I've just seen how late it is, nearly midnight. I'd better go to sleep now.

Night night!

Lowcal :-)

You may also like...