My training partner revealed

My training partner revealed

Here he is, Dylan, one quarter labrador three quarters poodle so poodledor, now just a mere 55kg lighter than me and 100 times fitter than me all probably cos he has twice as many legs and is really good with what he eats.

Every morning without fail we step out for 45 to 60 minutes in some woods and since I started my program 5 and a bit weeks ago we've been speeding up from sedate stroll to quite brisk and even seeking out hilly bits. Weekend days we go for a bit longer so we have the 150 minutes a week NHS recommendation covered!

This bench is my press up bench, try to push out 20 if nobody's watching. It is also muntjac neighbourhood so Dylan often gets a few sprint sessions in pretending to chase them. When I reach my goal I will have to recognise his loyal companionship and support with something more than a pat on the head and a "we go again tomorrow"

8 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Handsome boy!

• He is adorable :-)

Our dog is a basset hound and as much as I love her she is nearly 9 years old now and all she wants to do is snooze on the couch all day so I find that my 6am walks are just me and the iPod lol

• Adorable! My 2 are senior now so it's a poddle round with them but still love them to bits!

• That is one lucky dog - all those miles of woodland walks! You do realise, when you get to target...he will still want to go for those walks!

• I'm counting on it to hopefully help me maintain. I saw a dog rescue programme a few years ago and one of the dogs was there because his owner got him to help him get fit and did then once fit didn't need the dog any more and got rid :-(

• Gorgous 🐾

😇

• Aww he is adorable I can see the lab in him but I hope he hasn't inherited the Labradors love of food, mine would actually eat himself to death if you let him. Hope you have many many future walks together🐶

• He's not the pushy, begging type like labs we have had but if we're in the kitchen he lurks. Treat wise, he likes in order of preference sticks, paper napkins, tissues all of which he forages for and we give him carrots and mange tout.

You may also like...