OK, JO....just do this

I am new to this site. I have tried every weigh loss program there is......they have all worked. I just don't stick with it. My situation is getting worse. I have no valid reasons I cant lose weight.....just looooads of excuses. I have had 1 knee replacement and a second one planned. This NHS site tells me I am 5 st 10lbs above healthy. So I am just looking around. Seeing whats what on here and getting down to it. Today is Day 1. I will update as I go.

Thank You for reading

Jo x

13 Replies

• Hi Jo,

Welcome to the Weight Loss NHS community forum. I hope you'll enjoy being a part of this great community! Do have a look at our Pinned posts area (see the top right-hand-side of the homepage) and I'd recommend reading the Welcome Newbie post, which moreless has put together.

We have a Monday group weigh-in going on today, so do pop in and introduce yourself there, if you fancy participating. The latest thread is in the Events section (below the Pinned posts). Optional of course, as I realise a weekly weigh-in in a group isn't necessarily everyone's cup of tea, but it can be motivating, if you like that idea.

I'd recommend the NHS 12 week plan, and I hope you have a great first week.

Lowcal :-)

• Hiya, thank you for the welcome. ill pop over and weigh in and try and find your links

Thank You x

• Moreless has just given you the link to the Monday group weigh-in below! :-)

• Thank You

• Hi and welcome Jo :)

You've made a great first step, by joining us here. Next, take a look at the pinned posts section to the right of your screen. Start with the Welcome Newbies thread and work your way through.

As you're just starting the NHS 12 week plan, consider joining our re-boot challenge, for support and company.

Join any, or all of the challenges, especially the Kilometre Zero challenge, designed to motivate you to move more.

Our monday group weigh-in is happening right now and you would be very welcome

Above all, be active on the forum.

Wishing you all the very best :)

• Thank You for the link x I have posted my weigh in but not sure its gone in the right place. Its headed week 1

Jo x

• posted weigh in but not sure its gone in the right place lol x

• Hi Jo I am new today as well , I'm the same always have excuses start the week really well and by the weekend all the good intentions have gone out of the window , but I am starting today and am going to stick to the 12 week plan .

Could somebody send me the link to the Monday weigh in

• Me too Ali. I have printed off week 1 and I'm on it. One of my big calorie gobbles is milk in my coffee......and I have lots of coffee. This is one of my first things to tackle. x

• Have a look at this Jo, if you read the reflections, they may just give you some good ideas :)

• Hello Jo1957

Mine is a similar story but slowly I am managing to lose weight and improve mobility and fitness 😊 You can do this, one step at a time!! Good luck 😊

• Hiya Anna, thank you for your reply and encouragement x it's a hard Road but determined to me 60 n sexy lol. Well feel a lot better about myself at least x

You may also like...