It's working!

After Christmas I was horrified that I had reached the weight I had been 3 weeks before my first set of twins was born and realised that at the age of 45 this was becoming a serious health issue. In the first two months of 2016 I managed to lose 5lbs doing my own thing but began to feel demotivated that my weight loss felt very slow. I decided to join our local Slimming World group. In 14 weeks I have lost a further 19lbs and I am really noticing the difference now. So in total I have now lost 24lbs of the 112lbs I aim to lose. In January this seemed an impossible journey but in 5 months I have completed the first 20%. I am delighted and wanted to share this as I am certain that a key factor in this achievement for me is the attendance at a group which is very supportive and stops me lying to myself about what I am and am not doing to improve my health! Good luck everyone. Our journeys might be long, we might all be going at our own speed but with a bit of determination we will get there!

Last edited by

6 Replies

• Hi Dilkygirl,

Congratulations on your weight loss achievements to date, you're doing really well! :-) Wow, achieving a total weight loss of 20% in 5 months, that is fantastic!

Good luck with the remainder of your journey, and hope you have a lovely weekend - it's nearly here!

Lowcal :-)

• Well done you! What an impressive result you've had no wonder you're pleased. keep on doing whatever you've been doing because it clearly works.

• Fantastic! Well done you. Glad you have found something that works for you. I am not keen on going to a group so was very pleased when I found this forum. It means I can get support and advice at any time of the day. Keep up the good work :)

• Amazing result! Very well done 😊

• Thank you lovely people! I live in quite a small town and although many of the other group members post their success on facebook I don't feel to so I appreciate your support. Enjoy your weekends.

• Well done Dilkygirl.

Your target certainly IS doable as you are flying toward it. Good for you.

I couldn't agree with you more, it is the support of others who are going through the same thing as me that keeps me strong which is why I am so pleased to have found this forum so I can chat to other people that know how difficult it is to make that big change to their eating habits

You may also like...