Feeling ashamed :( #help

So today I went to buy some new work trousers...I've been trying my hardest over the past few weeks to eat healthier and stay active but the bank holiday caught up with me! I put on 3lbs in 3 days!!!

So anyway, I found today that I've gone up a trouser size and I'm absolutely gutted! :( I just feel like crying and giving up!

Any words of wisdom are very much welcome xox

8 Replies

oldestnewest
  • If you give up trying cjrt, your trouser size will continue to increase. That's what I did and I went from a size 16, to a size 26! You don't want that to happen to you, do you?

You're already in a much better place than I was, because you've recognised what you're doing and you've found this site. Now you just have to put the pieces of the puzzle together and finish the job :)

Take it step by step

1. Download the NHS 12 week plan and sign up for the emails

2. Join Lowcal's 12 week plan re-boot challenge

healthunlocked.com/nhsweigh...

Join the monday group weigh-in

Read the newbie thread

Join any, or all of the challenges featured in the Pinned Posts section to the right of your screen.

Become active on the forum, that means reading and responding to the posts, as they are all educational, motivating and supportive.

You can do this and we can help :)

• Is it just where you went? Different stores' sizing vary a lot. Maybe take your measurements to be absolutely sure of any change. My wake up call was not fitting in size 14 jeans anymore, and then my size 16s splitting because they were too tight. But don't be so hard on yourself. Just see this as a turning point. Wishing you lots of luck, and I'd def recommend checking out all the links Moreless has posted - lots of useful advice in there :)

• I agree with Ruth, I'm pretty sure it's nothing to do with you gaining or losing weight that your dress size went up.

Even within the same store the actual size of a certain size can vary immensely! Don't let it bring you down. Buy whatever you're comfortable in, at the end of the day, it's just a number.

I'm sure you'll get back on track in no time. :)

• Whenever I want to give up I think like moreless - what happens if I give up? Will things get better (by magic)? Will I be feeling better about myself in 6 months time - or will things be worse than ever? There really is no option - we have to keep trying. You will get there, please don't give up!

• Give it another week or two on the straight and narrow and you can be back down a size. Any overeating quickly bloats my tummy. Remember that this is a long term project to change your way of living to be kinder to yourself, it doesn't make sense to be hard on yourself because you slipped up one week. Sending extra "determination vibes" your way. (I just walked through the kitchen without picking up a snack, despite being a bit bored and by myself - add a few little victories like that together and you'll get back to the right frame of mind for success!

• What you put on, you can also take off! (That goes for pounds and badly fitting trousers!).

Don't give up!

Grit your teeth and summon your will power to get back on track.

We are cheering you on to success! Pom poms at the ready!!!!

• Accept that it happens as it has to me many times and keep going forwards. You will get there

• I used to be a 32/32 in my 20s now I wear GAP jeans 36/32 because GAP are oversized compared to everyone else. As I've gained even more weight they have stretched and I've just managed to get them to fit but washing them tightens them up and I don't tumble dry them as no chance I would get in them! 3 weeks ago I went to get measured up for a dinner suit and I needed a 40/31 (legs shrinking?) and they weren't loose :-( so I joined this forum and started my program. You can do it, a bad three days just needs a few good ones to reverse it and then press on with building on the small gains (losses really) and keep posting on here so we know how you're doing. :-)

You may also like...