A fresh start for a new me...

I haven't been on here for quite some time but thought it was time I tried again with getting my life back again. My aim is to loose 2 stone by Christmas. I am fed up of feeling bloated and sluggish all the time

If anybody has any good tips of what I can eat for brekkie, lunch ( I work in an office) and dinner, that will give me more energy, then I will be very grateful

.Here is to the new soon to be improved me 😀

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Weight Loss Plan

Join over 40,000 others on our 12-week diet and exercise plan. Keep motivated to develop healthier eating habits & get more active.

Get Started!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

11 Replies

oldestnewest
  • HI Dawncandoit. I know what you mean as I was feeling sluggish and bloated. I have just lost 20lbs and am feeling so much better and have more energy. I want to lose another 3lbs then the fun will begin in trying to maintain that. I have always had cereal for my breakfast but after a bit of research I now alternate with high protein natural greek yoghurt (Total 0% Fat) with lots of berries and a drizzle of honey. It really fills me up till lunchtime and gives me a great start in the morning. I know that eggs are a great breakfast filler too. I really like stir fry for my dinner as it fills me up with just vegetables and protein. I am sure you will get lots of suggestions from all the lovely people on this forum. Best of luck to you :)

• Thanks. They were really helpful suggestions. Good luck with your maintenance X

• Hi, I'm finding porridge and jacket potatoes are lifesavers for me. Boring but effective fibre, and you can tart them up with tasty things, still maintaining a reasonable amount of calories. It's all about the prep, veggie sticks, fruit to hand etc. and I always make sure Ive got a treat to have for dessert in the evenings. Good luck, I love it on here. X

• Have you tried jacket sweet potato? They are absorbed into the blood slower than ordinary potatoes, reducing the risk of spiking insulin, reducing the risk of chronic illness.

• Hello, love sweet potatoes.mindid not know that..another good reason to eat them 😀

• We still have to watch the portion size though phcuk.org/wp-content/upload...

• Thank you. What kind of treats do you have?

• Much of what I eat is a treat; a variety of veggies, cheese, cream, nuts, crackling, yummy!

• Hi Dawncandoit,

Welcome back, and good luck with your weight loss goals.

We have a Recipe Collation post (it's in the Pinned posts area, but you need to click on 'view more' to see it, so I'll put the link here, incase you fancy a look) - there are some ideas there for breakfasts etc and all meals - so hopefully you'll find some good ideas.

healthunlocked.com/nhsweigh....

Wishing you a great week.

Lowcal :-)

• Hi Dawncandoit,

I'm also on a mission to lose 2 stones (have managed to shift 1/2 stone in the past month). After many, many failed attempts at losing weight, I decided it has to be done now. What I found mentally inspiring is thinking 'I'm eating healthier because this is a long term life change, not necessarily because I want to lose weight.'

Fresh fruit with cereal is great for breakfast as it's filling. Lunch I try and use leftover dinner, but normally some couscous, chicken, bit of houmous and salad bits. Stirfry for dinner is always a good option; or salmon with veg.

Hope that helps! Good luck - you can do it 😊

• I a, going to try all of these suggestion. Thank you 🍵

You may also like...