MyFitness App all is forgiven. As a recap, I downloaded MyFitness App two weeks ago with the concept that I would shift those last few stubborn pounds and reach my ideal weight. Now let me make a few things clear before proceeding:
• My primary aim is not to hit a certain weight; it is to lead a healthier life style and not overindulge in all that is bad for my body
• Life is about a journey it is not about the destination, or as Vivian Green so eloquently puts it, “Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass … It is about learning to dance in the rain.”
• I am reaching a major milestone at the end of the year, so started on this journey prior to my 48th birthday in readiness to reach my healthier lifestyle before I reach the half way mark of life.
• As it happens I have an ideal weight I want to return to prior to hitting the very minor hiccough, some people refer to as 50, and I happen to be nearly there.
• So I thought after doing the 12 week NHS plan, which was extremely successful, I would use a little extra help from the app to beat those last few pounds into submission.
Now back to the story … I detailed all my criteria and set the expectations as the app suggested. Since I have a desk based occupation I went with the recommendation of a sedentary job; even though I walk each morning as advised by the NHS 12 week plan, i.e. 150 minutes a week.
Any way last week I was very upset because I actually put weight on; I actually gained weight … “Best laid plans of mice and men” [John Steinbeck's 1937 novel - Of Mice and Men]. So I am pleased to say this week, after reducing my calorific intake on my profile I have managed to lose those pounds I gained last week and am back to where I started pre-app-download.
Now what will be really cool is if my idea works and I actually lose one/two pounds for next weekend. Ahh!!! I am away so cannot get weighed in. Damn you bank holiday weekend! Why do you have to come around and give us enjoyment? I will have to wait a fortnight now to see if this app actually works. My world is crumbling, falling apart.
At least I am still surrounded by you good people giving me moral support. Don’t go, I’ll be back.