Constant Guilt

Even though I'm nearing my ideal weight I still have some pounds to shift. I stick to 1400 cals a day and exercise 6 days a week, usually running, walking or cycling. Yet whenever I have a bigger meal, have a treat and have a slice of cake, I have horrendous guilt, even if said treats only make my calorie intake for the day increase by a minor amount. Today I will be over a lot and I ate out on Wednesday so was over then too. I know I will burn a lot off when working and exercising and I have to enjoy and live life but I just can't stop feeling so guilty after all the hard work I've put in!

4 Replies

• Tomorrow is another day ☺

Please don't feel so guilty, you only live once but moderation is the key.

If I go over my calories one day I have less the next.

Your guilt is telling you off but can your brain listen 🤔

Good luck sounds like you're doing great, belive in yourself and you will succeed.

Claire x 

• I chatted recently to an 84 year old who stays around 7 1/2 stone (she is not very tall) and asked her if she has ever had to watch her weight.  Her reply was that she eats sensibly, but if occasionally her weight creeps up, she never lets it go above 7stone 10lbs and will cut back until she is back to 7 stone 7lbs. 

The moral of the story is that it is normal for you to have the odd occasion when you will eat more than usual and your weight might fluctuate by a few lbs ...but then you know how to bring it back down again so no more guilt trips - just keep an eye on the scales once a week, and take the necessary action as and when you need to.

• Don't be so hard on yourself - you have to live! It sounds like you know what to do. If you have a heavy calorie day then just cut down the next day or up your exercise.  It will all even out in the end and you should certainly not feel guilty for it :)

• You need to relax , a bit, my maintence is between 10st 6 and 4, I'm using happy scale, a daily weigh in app, which gives you an average loss.

I eat when I'm out, and mindful of what I eat, guilt sometimes,,life is foe enjoying and not stressing, I'm slightly over my allowances this week, no big deal tho.

You may also like...