20,000 leagues under the sea - weekend mini challenge

20,000 leagues under the sea - weekend mini challenge

Dear Seafarersย 

When Moreless and I did the last challenge, the trend was that most folks did far less kms on Saturday and Sunday than rest of the week. So for this weekend challenge I will triple any kms clocked if you wear arm bands, rubber ring or rubber duck (or similar used for the bath) whilst exercising. Whilst I know all of you are honest, photographic evidence is far more fun. For the camera shy folk I don't necessarily need to see your face or you could don a hat and sunglasses.

Have fun and get kicking those kms ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

Last edited by

76 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • Heh-heh - love it!ย  Will be busy all day today and too exhausted tonight when I get home, but I will certainly do this tomorrow - such fun and a great idea!

I had always thought that the rowing machine should count as triple because well, boats go on water, don't they?

• I so agree about the rowing machine LTL! :)

• What a nice idea. morelessย is probably going to go completely nuts. ;)

I'm not sure I know how to post photos. :(

• Hi, I don't know how to post photos either! :(

• See my answer to Foodie, JP :)

• Aarrgghh!! My nemesis, the camera, is here to haunt me!!! :o

Unfortunately, Foodie, you have 2 options only, you can start a new thread and download a picture of yourself, or you can be really wild and post a video of yourself on youtube, then you'll be able to post on this thread :)

• I take it you can't upload in a reply. That's a shame. :(ย 

We'll see what the duckies and I get up to. Might become YouTube millionaires, you never know!

• Another idea I had is to use it as your profile picture - or background maybe?

• Great idea LTL, although I'm hoping people will post bigger than profile pic size, to get the full effect! :D

• It took a bit of trial and error and a bit of hunting around the site, but it works best if you crop your image to 1170pixels by 250.ย  Bah, come to think of it, that isn't straight forward for most people is it?

• I don't have a clue what you're talking about! :o

• I had a feeling it would be confusing :(

(it certainly is!)

• Yikes, methinks I won't be posting any picture if it's that complicated! :o

• You know what the alternative is, don't you?ย  A VIDEO!!!

• I don't think youtube is ready for me! :D

• Oh I think they definitely are moreless! Go girl ๐Ÿ™Œ

• I bottled out of Youtube, but can be found on my profile page :)

• Well done moreless!! You certainly rose to the challenge too! ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜˜

• Love that picture. Wot a great look. Next stop YouTube.ย 

• Hahahahaha, I wonder how many "hits" I'll get??!! :D

• Mooreless i am glad I am not the only one who doesn't know what lTl is talking about! You always know how to make me feel good! Trust you!

• I am a champion techno numpty bd! :D

• So am I.

• Still time to post your photo ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿณ Think of all of those triple kms ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜Š

• What's the deadline? I might have something for you ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Anytime today or tomorrow ๐Ÿณ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿฌ

• You two are mad, wish you lived near me, oh the fun !!! Love it !! just off to ยฃ1 shop to get something !!!

Flossie

• Hope you find something Flossie :)

• I got a whole family of duckies for just ยฃ1 - they might get an outing later once I have recovered from my headache and get rehydrated (it has been a busy day).

• Good grief LTL, we're on an underwater adventure and you're dehydrated??!! ;)

Seriously though, I hope you've managed to get rid of the headache and are now relaxing :)

• It has been one of those days, much better now thanks!

• How did you get on? Still time to post your photo ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿณ

• My legs are dead from squats at the moment haha Tried to do them this morning and decided today is a rest day!

• Sounds like a good scheme Steve, but I hope you've got all your gear for tomorrow :D

• OK, go to my profile and you can see my water-themed photo, hee-hee!

• You're gorgeous, but your duckies are hidden behind Follow and Message!

• Thank you, Moreless, poor duckies, hmmm, it is a struggle to get the picture to fit properly as it is.ย  Will try and mirror it or something, but then I have a feeling my weighing scale avatar will obliterate my poor quacking friends :(

• At least you seem to know what you're doing! :D

• If only, hahahahahaha!

• Well you're definitely more clued up than me! :D

• I think it is sorted now, phew (a fair bit of swearing may have been involved) - I can't see how it looks to others, can you look for me please Moreless?

• That's much better! Just one little duck is half hidden :)

Give me a clue, what's the exercise? :D

• Oh, a walk by the river, I had to get some water involved somehow.ย  Plus it had started to rain a bit, so that is extra extra points, I think!

• You look very glamorous when you're walking! I look like an old tink when I go out! :D

• I am usually rather less well turned out myself, but I had made an effort this morning so looked reasonable for a change!

• Well the effort paid off! :)

• Back to my normal wild, wild washerwoman look tomorrow!

• LOL! Even that's better than an old tink! :D

• Lookin good LTL nice duckies! ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Thanks Jesterpuss, I only slightly felt a wally - out in public trying to take photos of myself with bright yellow duckies.ย  I even tried taking one photo with the mummy duck on my head, with people watching! Oh well, you all knew I was quackers, heh-heh!

• Well done!! You've really entered into the spirit of the challenge! I'd luv to have seen u with mummy duck on your head tho! Haha :)

• Unfortunately I stuffed it up!

• You are gorgeous! ย :-)

• You are way too kind, but thank you!

• Only saying it as I see it! ย :-)

• Brill! How have I missed this thread ๐Ÿ˜ณ Well done LTL, love it ๐Ÿ‹

• Thanks Budog, it was a bit of fun and got me out at 6ish when I hadn't been home long after a totally exhausting day.ย 

I am now undecided about what to do with my family of duckies..

• There is still to post your photo Bu-dog ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜ƒ

• I love this idea. i must pull up socks tomorrow and go for a run in the park plusย aerobics. Thanks for the motivation Fizzy and moorless!

• Do you have a nautical photo to add to your profile or to post separately? ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿณ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿณ

• Was hoping you wouldn't ask. Actually I was trying to o so but will have to try harder.

• I eventually managed to upload my pic onto my profile page, unfortunately, it's chopped out half of the picture, so you can't see that I'm on my rowing machine surrounded by a host of plastic sea creatures and a submarine :D

I Can't wait to see everybody else's pics! ;)

• Haha ๐Ÿ˜Š Love it! ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

• Yay!ย  You did it and you look hilarious, well done, Moreless - I love the photo so much!

• Awww, love your picture, bet you wouldn't go out cycling like that ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜

• Maybe next weekend Elissy :D

• You're gorgeous too, morelessย :-)

• Hilarious! ๐Ÿ 

• Frustrated today as my back sized yesterday while wrestling with a ferocious fitted sheet and stubborn mattress!! It's only just reduced from sharp pain to ache so it'll be a gentle stroll today instead of my usual day off "long" walk. I'll float a duck in my warm bath later โ˜€๏ธ

• Oh no, Fran, that is bad.ย  Also, proof that housework is bad for you.ย  I knew it.

I hope it is even better today, but a gentle stroll is aย  good idea until you are confident it is fully repaired.

• Hi Fran, hope you feel better soon! ย 

Lowcal :-)

• I hope the bath helped Fran, backs can be a real pain! Literally! :(

• Thankyou LotToLose, Lowcal,and Moreless, it has eased off a bit now, gave me a fright really as I could hardly move for a few hours, it's been niggling away for a while but I've been ignoring it, so time to see the physio I think !

• Yes Fran, don't leave it, because it may get even worse. My daughter's been completely out of action with her back since wednesday!ย 

Physio sounds like the perfect idea.

I really hope things are sorted out soon for you :)

• Take care Fran and hope you get to see a physio very soon ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿฌ

• Ok I clocked over 100k during my screen free weekend spent entirely out of doors so completely missed the opportunity to bring a plastic duck along. Expect duck soup picture later this week... Loving these posts

You may also like...